Carvalhal MARK11!!

Guest We Shall Overcome

15 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

It was the chairman who tried to keep hold of the original Carvalhal, unfortunately it was the 'Carlos Out!' crowd who got their way! 

'Carlos' did that all by himself.

Not getting the players fit through a proper pre-season.

Allowing Discipline to fail.

No motivation of players.

Refusing to change his style/formation

Not signing players with any pace

8 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

'Carlos' did that all by himself.

Not getting the players fit through a proper pre-season.

Allowing Discipline to fail.

No motivation of players.

Refusing to change his style/formation

Not signing players with any pace

No he didn't - he lost a section of the fans! 

Luhukay has reportedly got them fitter, yet we still not winning games! In addition, nobody complained about fitness in the previous seasons (I assume the pre-season training methods were similar) 

What evidence have we got of this? 

Again, what evidence? 

He was, like Luhukay, struggling with a depleted squad. 

I think he addressed this, with regards to the fact that he would have signed a forward player with pace had he known FF was out long term. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

1 minute ago, AwokenGiant said:

Luhukay has reportedly got them fitter, yet we still not winning games! In addition, nobody complained about fitness in the previous seasons (I assume the pre-season training methods were similar) 

Again, what evidence? 

I think he addressed this, with regards to the fact that he would have signed a forward player with pace had he known FF was out long term. 

I did, he took over a fit squad of players in 2015, and each season the fitness levels went down.

Don't for get .'Carlos' stated that these very same players were tired after just 3 games this season, that tells me that there is evidence of lack of fitness.

He had 5 transfer windows to address the lack of pace in the squad, lack of power in midfield too.

He chose not to.

2 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Again, what evidence? 

Got them fitter?! Yes he has the ones who arent crocked. He aint Dougie Howser. Really dont know what you expect with the players he has. Im going to wait until we are 3 months into the new season before leaping to conclusions. He will have had a proper transfer window, a close season to train properly and some players back fit then. Until then, as long as we dont get relegated im not too fussed.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Got them fitter?! Yes he has the ones who arent crocked. He aint Dougie Howser. Really dont know what you expect with the players he has. Im going to wait until we are 3 months into the new season before leaping to conclusions. He will have had a proper transfer window, a close season to train properly and some players back fit then. Until then, as long as we dont get relegated im not too fussed.

Not having a go at Luhukay, I sympathise with his situation (as I did with CC before he left). 

Edited by AwokenGiant

4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I did, he took over a fit squad of players in 2015, and each season the fitness levels went down.

Don't for get .'Carlos' stated that these very same players were tired after just 3 games this season, that tells me that there is evidence of lack of fitness.

He had 5 transfer windows to address the lack of pace in the squad, lack of power in midfield too.

He chose not to.

But we made the play offs two seasons on the bounce - that would be more of a benchmark for me, than fitness. This season was a 'ship wreck' in terms of injuries, so I feel patience with CC would have been justified (as is being given to Luhukay). 

3 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Give Jos a chance ,When Carlos came in he did not have this injury problem ,Also plenty of money for recruitment ,Give Jos time.

Team was too negative today against a poor barnsley side! We could have played four at the back, or reach at wing back and boyd on the left. Rhodes on the bench, team selection was poor today and this manager is yet to win me over

39 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Team was too negative today against a poor barnsley side! We could have played four at the back, or reach at wing back and boyd on the left. Rhodes on the bench, team selection was poor today and this manager is yet to win me over

Lets get to the end of the season ,Must admit I thought some on bench would have started .