Contract Issues

Guest RocketOwl

For gods sake what's wrong with everybody this season?  It's doing my head in. It's just one conspiracy theory after another. Okay we're having a terrible season - it happens. Loads of players are injured. It happens. Not very often but it happens. I remember Everton in the 80s had their entire first team out for most of the season with long term injuries so they had to play the majority of the season with their reserves. Some of them did really well, made a name for themselves and either got improved contracts or moved to other clubs.

It's like some of our fans are either determined to criticise the club for anything and everything or they just want to apportion blame somewhere because we're the great Sheffield Wednesday and we can't possibly have a bad season can we? 

Leicester City. Premier league champions one year, fighting relegation the next. It happens. Yes it's a bit rubbish at the moment. Yes its been a bobbar season. Yes I'm worried about relegation. But I'm just sick of people trying to make the situation even worse by constantly coming up with these half-baked theories. 

If we were doing really well with our second string players nobody would give a monkeys. Get behind the team no matter what - as hard as it is at times. Rant over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owl 44 said:

For gods sake what's wrong with everybody this season?  It's doing my head in. It's just one conspiracy theory after another. Okay we're having a terrible season - it happens. Loads of players are injured. It happens. Not very often but it happens. I remember Everton in the 80s had their entire first team out for most of the season with long term injuries so they had to play the majority of the season with their reserves. Some of them did really well, made a name for themselves and either got improved contracts or moved to other clubs.

It's like some of our fans are either determined to criticise the club for anything and everything or they just want to apportion blame somewhere because we're the great Sheffield Wednesday and we can't possibly have a bad season can we? 

Leicester City. Premier league champions one year, fighting relegation the next. It happens. Yes it's a bit rubbish at the moment. Yes its been a bobbar season. Yes I'm worried about relegation. But I'm just sick of people trying to make the situation even worse by constantly coming up with these half-baked theories. 

If we were doing really well with our second string players nobody would give a monkeys. Get behind the team no matter what - as hard as it is at times. Rant over.

Its so so easy to just explain everything away like that and not ask questions and then blame fans for wondering what’s happening 

Reality is we are in a right mess and no amount of sayng fans are wrong to question things will explain it away really 

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

Hooper is on 29 league goals.

1 more for 30 chaps. Make of that what you will. Fernando is on 27 goals. 

Bannan on 98 Appearances.

All near milestones.

Never mind the milestones it's the millstones like Fletcher, Abdi and the like that we should be concerned with .

Do you really think we'd sign a player like Gary Hooper and NOT expect him to get to 30 league goals over 3 seasons? 

Think you're barking up the wrong tree on that one. Now if you can provide evidence that we subbed him 30 seconds after getting goal number 29 then you might be into something. 

14 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Interesting that when the question was put to jos he didn’t understand the question maybe just trying to bypass it so might be some truth ? 

I think it was just that he didn't understand the question. Everytime Giddings tried to rephrase it he made it sound more complicated lol