Barnsley 1 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

I wish: 10 months into a year’s abstinence.

Picked wrong season for it didn’t I?

Nah - not at all!

Save the electric soup (I've got a lovely bottle of English Nye Timber "Champagne" a-waiting) for next season - that's when we'll be celebrating! :laugh:

Guest Bulgaria
21 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Nice one Snoots...unfortunately my prediction of people not giving the new manager more than four matches regardless of who it would be has been correct. It will be backs to the wall today but we've shown against the pigs and last weekend that even down to 10 men we haven't thrown the towel in. So, if the team doesn't why are people on here giving it the white flag?

Your wrong... i wanted him gone after 3lol

29 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

A quite splendid post, my Lord.

Everything that could go wrong did last week.  

We go again.

As to Barnsley, I bumped into a former colleague at Sheffield station the other day who hails from that strange town (see below).  He oozed pessimism.  i oozed it back.  But having forecast us to lose last week, I feel cautiously optimistic this.

Cautiously.

On Barnsley, a friend got a job as head of science in a secondary school there.  He came back well supplied with....anecdotes.  Parents evenings were not like parents evenings elsewhere.  

And here we have the populace in action.  It is not quite what John Stuart Mill had in mind.

To be fair mate I'm not sure many British people could name one EU official never mind three. And as for John Stuart Mill.... who does he play for? (Only messin...)

As for the game.... a very hopeful and optimistic 2 nowt us...

Edited by Bleeder
Spelling

We need some positivity today, kickass away support will be there to sing the boys to VICTORY!

Thanks for the OMDT mi'lud, best thread of the week by a country mile as always.

1-3 today, with 2 for Juwow and a confidence breeding diving header from 'our' Jordan.

UP THE OWLS!!!!!!!

The line up in the reverse fixture.

Westwood

Hunt*

Lees

Van Aken

Pudil*

Reach*

Lee

Bannan 

Wallace

Fletcher

Hooper

*Current fit players

Barring FF and Hutch, we wasn’t far off our best side. We was awful that day with Reach scoring a flukey goal. So forget injuries. We need to get behind the boys and be the 12th man. We still have more quality than Barnsley with young lads chomping at the bit. Massive game, we really need 3 points!

UTO

Guest Kagoshimaowl
32 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Wildsmith

Ogrady Venacio Thorniley

Hunt                         Reach

Boyd Pelupessy Jones

Joao Rhodes

That would be my team but Jos will play Palmer, Fox and Nielsen and we'll lose if he does.  Palmer and Fox just aren't good enough 

Excellent as usual.

Extremely well written & insightful.

Some very interesting & thought provoking observations, especially about our 'fans' and the lunacy of the 'criticism' regarding Jos after all of a handful of games.

We have to wonder sometimes (even allowing for the current 'situation'), whether we are becoming are own worst enemy.

23 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

The line up in the reverse fixture.

Westwood

Hunt*

Lees

Van Aken

Pudil*

Reach*

Lee

Bannan 

Wallace

Fletcher

Hooper

*Current fit players

Barring FF and Hutch, we wasn’t far off our best side. We was awful that day with Reach scoring a flukey goal. So forget injuries. We need to get behind the boys and be the 12th man. We still have more quality than Barnsley with young lads chomping at the bit. Massive game, we really need 3 points!

UTO

I thought that was our worst performance of the season that I've seen (I missed Burton).  

1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

A quite splendid post, my Lord.

Everything that could go wrong did last week.  

We go again.

As to Barnsley, I bumped into a former colleague at Sheffield station the other day who hails from that strange town (see below).  He oozed pessimism.  i oozed it back.  But having forecast us to lose last week, I feel cautiously optimistic this.

Cautiously.

On Barnsley, a friend got a job as head of science in a secondary school there.  He came back well supplied with....anecdotes.  Parents evenings were not like parents evenings elsewhere.  

And here we have the populace in action.  It is not quite what John Stuart Mill had in mind.

Remind me, I may be wrong, but did not the majority of the country as a whole agree with the comments quoted in your attempt to ridicule the Barnsley 'populace'. 

If I have misinterpreted your comments, I apologise in advance, if not, stop assuming that it was only 'numpties' who voted Leave and anyone of 'superior understanding' voted alongside the chattering classes of Islington & the City to keep the non elected status quo.

Not entirely sure why you threw it in anyway other than to presumably make the Dingles look stupid (Failed), but not necessary, come on Wednesday and as Snoots said, "Get off certain players backs" and support the team.

• Like 1

Good morning matchday gangbangers blah, blah, blah.

Best ever thread Pauli, Tay Tay’s knickers etc. Blah, blah blah

Coffee and cake etc blah, blah, blah

Some disparaging remarks about Cousin Barnsley etc

Score prediction, what’s the point

Fingers crossed. Suicide watch.

Depression setting in, losing all hope, blah, blah, blah

Interest level dwindling

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Remind me, I may be wrong, but did not the majority of the country as a whole agree with the comments quoted in your attempt to ridicule the Barnsley 'populace'. 

If I have misinterpreted your comments, I apologise in advance, if not, stop assuming that it was only 'numpties' who voted Leave and anyone of 'superior understanding' voted alongside the chattering classes of Islington & the City to keep the non elected status quo.

Not entirely sure why you threw it in anyway other than to presumably make the Dingles look stupid (Failed), but not necessary, come on Wednesday and as Snoots said, "Get off certain players backs" and support the team.

Great post.

We're short on defenders now, would like to see 4 at the back and another body further up the pitch.

A winnable game which we need 3 points from. Hopeful, but not overly optimistic. If we go 5 at the back expect another 0-0,  but be more attacking and we might sneak it by the odd goal.

22 minutes ago, striker said:

We're short on defenders now, would like to see 4 at the back and another body further up the pitch.

A winnable game which we need 3 points from. Hopeful, but not overly optimistic. If we go 5 at the back expect another 0-0,  but be more attacking and we might sneak it by the odd goal.

Unless he plays two of the academy lads in the back three with Fred , which may be too risky , then i think it will be a back four today