Barnsley 1 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

5 minutes ago, nicko87 said:

I can only think that he's not 100% (wouldn't be a surprise) or he just isn't showing it in training. Jack Stobbs had a great game midweek against the blades and maybe he's really impressed in training. 

Boyd for me atm is in the same category as Matias, Abdi, Hutchinson and the rest play one game injured for 10.

I think the the main reason why Carlos never played Matias as well as others is the fact he knew they couldn't play more than a few games before they'd eventually get injured and perhaps didn't want to build a first 11 around crocks. ( even though he signed them ) 

I've just had enough this season and to have 15 senior players out injured is beyond ludicrous. Sooner the season is over the better.

If he thought they could only play a few games a season why did he buy them. Why did he give four year contracts. Why did he pay them Premier league wages. 

We are the mess we are in because off cc and he peculiarities,his craving for power and attention and a total refusal to accept responsibility for his actions. 

It wad always someone else fault with him 

23 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Could not afford to play all available today for any time if chance of fresh players for Tuesday. In press conference on Thurs, JL mentioned conscious of games coming up

Whilst I sort of agree with this I think it was the wrong thing to do. 

We're unlikely to get anything against Derby with our 'strongest' team, for me we should have gone all out for the 3 points today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrmason69 said:

If he thought they could only play a few games a season why did he buy them. Why did he give four year contracts. Why did he pay them Premier league wages. 

We are the mess we are in because off cc and he peculiarities,his craving for power and attention and a total refusal to accept responsibility for his actions. 

It wad always someone else fault with him 

Mate the signings we have made have been laughable. I completely agree and I bet Chansiri is on suicide watch. 

Whoever has been advising this poor man needs arresting for fraud. Imagine splashing out 25million on these jokes. I do really feel sorry for him. 

However these signings have been made and what's done is done. Lets look forward not back, we have a new manager and we need to give him sometime. At the minute he's doing his best with limited resources. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Whilst I sort of agree with this I think it was the wrong thing to do. 

We're unlikely to get anything against Derby with our 'strongest' team, for me we should have gone all out for the 3 points today.

We definitely need to do this against Hull and Sunderland.

42 minutes ago, Bark1062 said:

Your point of 12 first teamers ( not sure how that works)  out is totally irrelevant to my post.we have got what we have got.

Which s one of the bottom 3 teams in the league. Based on current form & it’s been like that for a while.

Suggest you get your head out of the sand, nothing to do with me manning up, I won’t make any difference if I do or I don’t.

You’re not sure how it works? 12 players who would be in or around the match day 18.

Our most creative players out for last few months.

I’m not sure what some fans expect. 

Lets get to the end of the season with our status intact and start again.

Ive not got my head buried, I just see the situation for what it is. Today was a good point all things considered.

1 minute ago, Eastern said:

Hull will improve TBH. I think 2 of bottom 3 sorted with Barnsley to join them.

I cannot wait for Summer and the rebuild.

According to a couple of my mates (Hull supporters) if they concede a goal even when winning their heads go down and then usually concede more.

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

We are quite vulnerable at the moment. Jos looks at his picks with a view to building a platform that reduces the vulnerability to a minimum. HIs thoughts on subs would have changed considerably the moment our vulnerability was exposed with that very sloppy leveler, but the penalty was soft too. Maybe we would have developed and grown into the game better without the Pen.

But a point means Barnsley claw nothing back on us and that has to be good, buying a little more time as we strive to get to grips with some of our injury list. Now is not the time for expansive play chasing wins. Any draw will let us see how the bottom half of the league develops without inflicting too much trauma.

The Kids playing their part is like money in the bank, well done to them. 

Totally agree with all that.

4 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Under the circumstances, that's an excellent point. With FOURTEEN players unavailable and a suspect 11 chosen by Jos I'll take that.

Wildsmith         7     Good performance

Palmer            7.5   Was excellent today, but please learn how to cross

Venancio         6     Played well but pants for their goal

Jones              6     Did well, but maybe the slowest centre back in history

Thorniley        6      Struggled a bit today, but battled well

Fox                 2     Absolutely abysmal

Pelupessy      5      Not impressed so far.  His first touch is a tackle.

Reach            5      We are ruining him playing him in the centre.  Wing back is perfect for him especially against the poorer teams.

Wallace          6      Did OK.  Almost scored a worldie

Joao              6      Looks dangerous.  Didn't quite come off today but he won the penalty

Nuhiu            6      Scored the penalty but not much else.

Desperately need some players back asap.   Think he will put Pudil and Loovens back in on Tuesday and Lees will hopefully be back next Saturday.  We really need Bannan and Hooper back though.

wildsmith- thank god.

palmer- i wish he was as good as some make him out to be, poor crosser, looks easy going at times.

jones- not a c/b. or sweeper.

fox- if 'everybody' says you're greedy, it's because you're greedy, if 'everybody' says you're cack at football, then...

joao- i wish he was half as good as some make him out to be, HE HAS TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY WHILST HE HAS IT.

nuhiu- if we're going to play him as a target man, then jos needs to teach him how to play as one, when jumping you're supposed to get higher (not the first swfc c/f to suffer from this though).

5 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Winning a couple seems a miracle lately , I’m sorry but Jos hasnt the time to mess about with team shape and players swopping  and changing every week . I’m worried sick and just sharing my fears I suppose sort of helps !!!

'a problem shared means'

i've got one more.:duntmatter:

• Haha 1