Barnsley 1 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

Guest Kagoshimaowl

It will either be another 'gritty' 0-0 or we will lose 0-3.  All my hopes have vanished for this season.  Just don't get sucked further into the mire.

Impressive OMDT, Snoots - I was going to say that you are a sage but then realised the godawful "season" and "stuffing" puns that might follow!:laugh:

Thanks, - you never fail to entertain and educate, no matter how bleary-eyed we view the Saturday dawn:biggrin:

I never like these games against Barnsley 'cause they're one of those teams who seem to think this is the biggest game of the season for US because it is for them. Not denying there's a lot of extra spice to the game, but whatever the result it causes a lot more annoyance in losing than it ever gives pleasure in winning. They'll never know the "Heaven or Hell" of a real derby, I suppose. They're not the only ones like that, of course. 

Edited by VictoryBell
  • Like 1

Nice one Snoots...unfortunately my prediction of people not giving the new manager more than four matches regardless of who it would be has been correct. It will be backs to the wall today but we've shown against the pigs and last weekend that even down to 10 men we haven't thrown the towel in. So, if the team doesn't why are people on here giving it the white flag?

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Nice work.

Meeting at Wetherspoons in Chap at 9.30. Sounds good until I remember I am not boozing so will be watching my mate sink a few before catching the train back in time...

I've got some great news for you E the P!

It's Shrove pancake type Tuesday day next week! So Lent doesn't start until Ash St Valentine's type WEDNESDAY Day (14th Feb).

YOU CAN BOOZE AFTER ALL!  Go for it! Yay!:biggrin:

1 minute ago, VictoryBell said:

I've got some great news for you E the P!

It's Shrove pancake type Tuesday day next week! So Lent doesn't start until Ash St Valentine's type WEDNESDAY Day (14th Feb).

YOU CAN BOOZE AFTER ALL!  Go for it! Yay!:biggrin:

I wish: 10 months into a year’s abstinence.

Picked wrong season for it didn’t I?

A quite splendid post, my Lord.

Everything that could go wrong did last week.  

We go again.

As to Barnsley, I bumped into a former colleague at Sheffield station the other day who hails from that strange town (see below).  He oozed pessimism.  i oozed it back.  But having forecast us to lose last week, I feel cautiously optimistic this.

Cautiously.

On Barnsley, a friend got a job as head of science in a secondary school there.  He came back well supplied with....anecdotes.  Parents evenings were not like parents evenings elsewhere.  

And here we have the populace in action.  It is not quite what John Stuart Mill had in mind.

15 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Nice one Snoots...unfortunately my prediction of people not giving the new manager more than four matches regardless of who it would be has been correct. It will be backs to the wall today but we've shown against the pigs and last weekend that even down to 10 men we haven't thrown the towel in. So, if the team doesn't why are people on here giving it the white flag?

I agree that it’s ridiculous people wanting the manager out already but I don’t think getting beat at home 3v1 to a team below us in the league has helped people’s positivity. Obviously the sendings off last week didn’t help matters but we where 2 down before MM got shown the red card. I’ve been impressed with Jos so far just needs a bit of luck and get some of those injured players back.