Was this your old pre match pub for home games?

On 09/02/2018 at 19:02, vulva said:

There used to be a pub opposite the Ship on Shalesmoor. Can’t remember the name of it. 

Likewise there used to be a pub on the opposite side of the road to the Barrack Tavern. 

Nags head mate.

On 09/02/2018 at 20:59, Lichfield alien said:

Was boozing outside there when I witnessed one of very few firms to come up from leppings lane and have a pop b4 the match...loads er bottles and glasses thrown then they got legged back down the rd on a red hot satday afternoon...don't tell Geoffrey :ghoulguy:

I lived in the place, quite literally along with a few others on here! That game was against Spurs and they came unstuck.

40 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

So sad to see so many pubs gone by the wayside, used to love a night down Shalesmoor followed by a ruby in the Shalimar 

Nags.jpg

We always used to meet up in the Mossley Arms  ?,next to west bar roundabout before going into town.

Was in The Rose on it's last night when it closed. Place was pretty much gutted by the end of the night. Have a vague memory of one fella leaving in the early hours with part of the toilet, someone asked him what he was doing and he replied "I wanted to take something to remember the place and my main memory is throwing up in the toilets most nights so this is it."

Think @keefdave was in there at the end too?

On 09/02/2018 at 21:20, Spuddy01 said:

I’ll take your word for it, I was only around 10ish so only vague memories, think there was a petrol station next/near to it. Was the Rose now the Barrack?

Cambridge used to have windows boarded up every match even if we where playing teams that brought no fans

5 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Was in The Rose on it's last night when it closed. Place was pretty much gutted by the end of the night. Have a vague memory of one fella leaving in the early hours with part of the toilet, someone asked him what he was doing and he replied "I wanted to take something to remember the place and my main memory is throwing up in the toilets most nights so this is it."

Think @keefdave was in there at the end too?

I certainly was James, I remember the toilet thief and the toilet door thief.lol

• Haha 1