Was this your old pre match pub for home games?

30 minutes ago, Spuddy01 said:

Nags head

Don’t remember the name of the one across from the tav but remember going in there as a young en with my mates dad. His pigeon club used to have their meetings there Sunday dinner time.

The Cambridge which was bang opposite the rose had some banging nights/mornings in the rose when Chris had it in the nineties

22 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Went in here pre match for many years...

sheffield_s6_gate.jpg

Was boozing outside there when I witnessed one of very few firms to come up from leppings lane and have a pop b4 the match...loads er bottles and glasses thrown then they got legged back down the rd on a red hot satday afternoon...don't tell Geoffrey :ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

The Cambridge which was bang opposite the rose had some banging nights/mornings in the rose when Chris had it in the nineties

I’ll take your word for it, I was only around 10ish so only vague memories, think there was a petrol station next/near to it. Was the Rose now the Barrack?

5 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

It went for over 300k..its in middle of nowhere..I'd be amazed if it reopens as a pub

It went for 250k.

the gardners rest is 5 mins walk away then your another 5 mins away from hitting the pubs around kelham island ( numerous new pubs opened around there recently)

I've no idea what the owners got planned though. 

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

This is all to common now the Beehive is a supermarket, the Sportsman at Stannington is now a Co-op, the Dial house is now houses, The Ball at Hillsborough has been knocked down soon to become (I don't know).

A sad state of affairs for pubs I remember in my younger years.

Oh poo I didn’t know any of that, feels like a reyt kick in the knackers for my youth !

Feckin terrible news ...

7 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Was boozing outside there when I witnessed one of very few firms to come up from leppings lane and have a pop b4 the match...loads er bottles and glasses thrown then they got legged back down the rd on a red hot satday afternoon...don't tell Geoffrey :ghoulguy:

had some nights in the Gate over the years lol