Was this your old pre match pub for home games?

I think my dad used to take me to a pub on herries road pre match when I was younger. Think it has a care home in its place now.

Can't remember because I was only young and didn't get to many games but what was it called? Used to love a coke in there pre match    lol

8 minutes ago, mr g 1999 said:

I think my dad used to take me to a pub on herries road pre match when I was younger. Think it has a care home in its place now.

Can't remember because I was only young and didn't get to many games but what was it called? Used to love a coke in there pre match    lol

Could've been the forty foot. I used to go in there on a Saturday pre match 

12 minutes ago, mr g 1999 said:

The 5 Arches pal

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mr g 1999 said:

Five Arches

39 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

It's just been sold at auction for £300K so somebody sees a future for it. It's a grade 2 listed building built in 1760.

Blimey...some work to be done on that place then!! Remember the 'Muff' Murphin bros having it and calling it The Owl for a while...had gigs on during the week there too...ended up with Ralph and his Mrs in there for years as it fell to bits around 'em!

6 minutes ago, Prendo's boots said:

Blimey...some work to be done on that place then!! Remember the 'Muff' Murphin bros having it and calling it The Owl for a while...had gigs on during the week there too...ended up with Ralph and his Mrs in there for years as it fell to bits around 'em!

Was he the lad that died of an Asthma attack.,..The Muffin..?

1 hour ago, vulva said:

There used to be a pub opposite the Ship on Shalesmoor. Can’t remember the name of it. 

Likewise there used to be a pub on the opposite side of the road to the Barrack Tavern. 

Nags head

Don’t remember the name of the one across from the tav but remember going in there as a young en with my mates dad. His pigeon club used to have their meetings there Sunday dinner time.