Wadsley Bridge Railway Station

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

27657756_2433972446828328_8449994309194892253_n.jpg

27867908_2433972483494991_7390851992471278183_n.jpg

Am I right in thinking Wadsley Bridge train station used to be used by football fans to get to/from matches at Hillsborough?

Not far from mine that place, I used to live in the apartments bang next door to it. Always thought how good it would be if they reopened it, would help football fans out massively with commuting to the matches. There's still a freight train that passes through that goes to Stockbridge on that line, just thought I'd share that very uninteresting information with everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes - I do remember Millwall fans getting off there a long time ago. I think they had one of their own special trains.

If we ever get ourselves sorted and get to the prem and we remain at Hillsborough, it would be sensible to get the station reopened as a means for transport to and from the game and relieve congestion around the ground. Road network around Hillsborough is poor.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Yes - I do remember Millwall fans getting off there a long time ago. I think they had one of their own special trains.

If we ever get ourselves sorted and get to the prem and we remain at Hillsborough, it would be sensible to get the station reopened as a means for transport to and from the game and relieve congestion around the ground. Road network around Hillsborough is poor.

If we ever get into the prem ... basically what you are saying is this station will never reopen !

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

If we ever get into the prem ... basically what you are saying is this station will never reopen !

Probably! 

Prem seems a long long way away after a car crash of a season! 

I just want us to stay up and delete this season from the memory. It’s been a shocker!

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

27657756_2433972446828328_8449994309194892253_n.jpg

27867908_2433972483494991_7390851992471278183_n.jpg

Am I right in thinking Wadsley Bridge train station used to be used by football fans to get to/from matches at Hillsborough?

Blimey Neil how old are you ?!!!

I would have thought any Wednesdayite

Would know or have shared this information at some point in his upbringing.? .

It's one of the main reasons Hillsborough staged Semis ....

It's part of the clubs history !!!!

It's a wind up ??

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I can remember a special going to a league game at sunderland  from wadsley bridge around 72ish ...think we drew 1-1 

I was on that with 4 mates , 13 years old all of us and going to our first away match on our own ........... thought we were proper big time Charlie’s lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I can remember a special going to a league game at sunderland  from wadsley bridge around 72ish ...think we drew 1-1 

only travelled once from wadsley, 72 ish thought it was around Xmas time and we lost 2 . 0 , probably wrong went straight from an overnight party