Another great idea Sheffield Wednesday could look at doing

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Its the way it's filmed though

Needs doing like that

Not just an article on the official webste

absolutely fantastic - an hour out of a player's routine  a lifetime in the lad's memory  blo*dy brilliant 

could do with not copying raheem sterling's running style though bless him 

• Haha 1

Brilliant from Derby.

It's exactly what clubs with the fans at its heart should be doing. It costs the club very little, but creates a feeling good feeling amongst the fans and keep the rapport between club, fans and the players as close knit as possible. 

As a club, we are pretty poor at this sort of thing. 

An example, at work we are organising a raffle to raise money for the Cancer Research UK Teens and Kids charity, after a son of a work colleague has been diagnosed with leukaemia. Many people are got prizes together, and both Sheffield clubs had been contacted for prizes. Sheffield United has donated two match tickets (Category B game) for next season, a signed shirt and a signed goalkeeper gloves from Simon Moore. Over a fortnight later, I am yet to receive any reply from the club. 

Where the club is currently at now... the fans disillusioned, the Premier League plan on the brink of collapse and a key watershed moment with ticket prices looming...the club should be trying their utmost to keep the fans onside. Whether it's something like Derby is doing, going into schools and offering tickets to young children, supporting local charities...the word gets round, and only positive feedback can come from it. It seems we'd rather bury our head in the sand and continue with the current failing strategy. 

Edited by frastheowl

12 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Brilliant from Derby.

It's exactly what clubs with the fans at its heart should be doing. It costs the club very little, but creates a feeling good feeling amongst the fans and keep the rapport between club, fans and the players as close knit as possible. 

As a club, we are pretty poor at this sort of thing. 

An example, at work we are organising a raffle to raise money for the Cancer Research UK Teens and Kids charity, after a son of a work colleague has been diagnosed with leukaemia. Many people are got prizes together, and both Sheffield clubs had been contacted for prizes. Sheffield United has donated two match tickets (Category B game) for next season, a signed shirt and a signed goalkeeper gloves from Simon Moore. Over a fortnight later, I am yet to receive any reply from the club. 

Where the club is currently at now... the fans disillusioned, the Premier League plan on the brink of collapse and a key watershed moment with ticket prices looming...the club should be trying their utmost to keep the fans onside. Whether it's something like Derby is doing, going into schools and offering tickets to young children, supporting local charities...the word gets round, and only positive feedback can come from it. It seems we'd rather bury our head in the sand and continue with the current failing strategy. 

#nofokkingideahowntorunafootballclub...

42 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Nice touch by Derby and Carson was class.

We could send the entire first team at the moment, not doing owt else !

This is exactly what our overpaid ,underused superstars should be doing in their spare time,and our club should be insisting on it. Under use of resources,yet more bad management of a business .

Reminds me of the time I delivered Gary Speed’s new tele working for Curry’s. He wasn’t in but his partner was. Pretty mince she was-told her she needed a scart lead for it and she kept saying skirt, so I had to write it down for her. Never got a tip either and had to take me shoes off cos they had a cream carpet. My closest encounter with a footballer except going for a run with Richie Humphries the fat knacker. He was in his prime for us as well. Memories last a life timelol