Carlos Carvalhal "I wasn't sacked. We had problems"

Carlos Carvalhal.jpg

"I wasn't sacked"

"I talked with the chairman because we had some problems and we agreed it was best for both parties for us to both move on"

(Carlos moved to Premiership side Swansea just four days later - a team he went on to say he'd always dreamt of managing since he was a young boy in Portugal)

Owlstalk Shop

But just what we're those problems?

• Scattergun transfer policy which mean we never signed a striker capable of doing 100m in less than two minutes? 
  • FFP?
  • Or pesky fans questioning why they were paying top dollar for second division football with the attacking intent of a 1960s Italian Catenaccio?
  • Referees? 
  • The whole of the squad being cripples?
  • Doyen
  • Not enough shirts to go around

What problems Damn it! What problems!

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

But just what we're those problems?

• Scattergun transfer policy which mean we never signed a striker capable of doing 100m in less than two minutes? 
  • FFP?
  • Or pesky fans questioning why they were paying top dollar for second division football with the attacking intent of a 1960s Italian Catenaccio?
  • Referees? 
  • The whole of the squad being cripples?
  • Doyen
  • Not enough shirts to go around

What problems Damn it! What problems!

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry at this , Snoots ole boy 

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

What’s most concerning is that despite how pitiful our performances had become DC still didn’t pull the trigger. If it wasn’t for Swansea tapping him up he would still be here! 

Starting to wish he was, if Saturday was anything to go by

• Haha 2

can't stand the bloke tbh, yeah 2 good seasons but with the money he had available it was hardly surprising, the 1st season was more impressive but it was his fault we ballsed the hudders games.

fans look at most recent times & he's played a massive part towards the current mess we are in 

It was like when Eddie Howe resigned at Burnley saying his wife was homesick for the south coast - he made sure Bournemouth wanted him as boss again before jumping ship.

He knew he was probably going to get sacked anyway by Burnley who were hovering just above the relegation zone because of Howe's terrible defensive coaching. Just before he left, Burnley drew 3-3 with the Owls despite leading three times and In the next game, Howe's last game at Burnley, it was a 4-3 defeat at Palace after the Clarets had led 2-0.

Edited by ReluctantNicko

I can't understand this vilification of Doyen . As far as I can ascertain, Doyen is simply a sports advisory company (A posh name for a Football Agent ) and has on its books a certain Neymar, who's not a half bad footballer.. They also 'advised' DC on his introduction to Football. It's a world wide company, and probably attracts some of the top names in football., so:-

What has it done at Hillsborough ?

How many, and more importantly, which of our players does it represent?

As a football agent, why is it the only one that constantly gets hammered on here?  

I am in no way trying to justify Doyen, simply trying to understand its vilification over and above other football agents, and trying to understand what its influence (obviously on here considered bad) over the Wednesday set up If someone can explain FACTUALLY what exactly itsinfluence has ben, I would appreciate it. I am quite prepared to heap blame on someone, but I prefer to do it from a position of knowledge, and not hearsay.

Please , someone, fill me in on this.

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I can't understand this vilification of Doyen . As far as I can ascertain, Doyen is simply a sports advisory company (A posh name for a Football Agent ) and has on its books a certain Neymar, who's not a half bad footballer.. They also 'advised' DC on his introduction to Football. It's a world wide company, and probably attracts some of the top names in football., so:-

As a football agent, why is it the only one that constantly gets hammered on here?  

I am in no way trying to justify Doyen, simply trying to understand its vilification over and above other football agents, and trying to understand what its influence (obviously on here considered bad) over the Wednesday set up If someone can explain FACTUALLY what exactly itsinfluence has ben, I would appreciate it. I am quite prepared to heap blame on someone, but I prefer to do it from a position of knowledge, and not hearsay.

Out of interest, is Rhodes a Doyen client?

5 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

You're probably best googling it mate

There's plenty online about Doyen 

Owlstalk Shop

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Carvalhal.jpg

"I wasn't sacked"

"I talked with the chairman because we had some problems and we agreed it was best for both parties for us to both move on"

(Carlos moved to Premiership side Swansea just four days later - a team he went on to say he'd always dreamt of managing since he was a young boy in Portugal)

Yeah, like most young Portuguese lads dream of growing up to manage/play for Swansea FFS.

Of course I can't disprove it, but I'm willing to bet that the bullshitometer is lying in a million pieces on the floor.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I can't understand this vilification of Doyen . As far as I can ascertain, Doyen is simply a sports advisory company (A posh name for a Football Agent ) and has on its books a certain Neymar, who's not a half bad footballer..

If they sent us Neymar I would make a bit of time for them!

So far as I can see though they have been paid by the club to look for players for us.

While they were in town they signed up some of our youth players. One who won't sign a new deal.

Meanwhile they are sat in warmer climes recommending players to us...that they don't even really need to scout as they are already on their books.

Allegedly. 

The man must think we are muppets . Anyone who believes this cobblers needs to give their head a wobble. 

He shafted us , pure and simple. He knew he was going to swansea. 

He could have at least done the decent thing and  not quit and make swansea pay us compo .

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Starting to wish he was, if Saturday was anything to go by

You cant blame Jos for the crock of shiete he has inherited. Its going to take him at least two transfer windows to sort out this mess. 

Its not Jos`s fault that our players get injured getting dressed in a morning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2