George Hirst, Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Steven Fletcher

1 hour ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

True but from my recolection Chansiri in his meeting said he would rather social media owners / managers talked to him about issues rather than causing friction when there isn’t any on line.

So, why don’t you (or your representative) take him up on it ?

You’l either find out the truth or at least call his bluff.

This by Chansiri is not really living in the modern world.

Like it or not social media, forums, facebook, twitter are a part of modern life and football.

To a large extant you have to accept it. Very few people are going to think you know what I will contact Chansiri and ask him why he took stripes away or put the price up, will mostly be like me and have a bit of a moan about it online.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I wasn't at the recent meeting 

I'm not causing friction where there is none. The entire first team is missing and people are wondering why (including myself)

I’ve removed the question mark from this quote and it looks like you’re agitating to me boy...

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Strike - Someone's cheesed them all off to the point they're just basically on an all out strike and deliberately not playing games

WTF:

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Did you read the sentences above that where I said that's what a conspiracy theorist could suggest

You are stirring the pot though and have been for several months.

I do think it's a bit suspect that an entire first team (plus pretty much every top earner) is currently injured...but then perhaps that is the culmination of a bunch of first team regulars playing under a manager who doesn't bother with fitness training?

Who knows.

3 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Apparently FF back training in Sheffield 

Bannan wants to be ready for Swansea

No idea in the others 

Shop window and all that.

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

I'm fairly certain that if it was a way of reducing payments to the players we would have heard the wailings of said players or their agents.

likewise if it was a way to avoid paying the clubs who sold them.

I agree. If the club are saying a player is not available to play because he is injured rather then because they are due appearance money soon they player would be quite right to be pissed off about it. Would be right to come out in the press and say its not true they are injured as may affect a future club employing them.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree. If the club are saying a player is not available to play because he is injured rather then because they are due appearance money soon they player would be quite right to be pissed off about it. Would be right to come out in the press and say its not true they are injured as may affect a future club employing them.

Happened before a few years back didnt' it?

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Quoting a section of someone's post doesn't really work when the original post is right above your post.

Repeating the same mantra over and over and over again doesn't work for me either but you continue to do so and continue to turn the site into a personal discussion instead of about the football club

I choose to ignore (And will continue to do so) the personal attacks in a bid to keep the topics on topic and not the 'SIJ show'

Ta

Now...

Back to the topic

Where's the Sheffield Wednesday first team?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Craig Armstrong?

Can't remember which players were affected

Was way before Chansiri's time but can't remember under which chairman it was (think it was DA's time)

Basically we had players we weren't playing because if we did we'd have to pay clause money/fees out

The player essentially had to just sit in the stands and not be included - might have been sat on the bench unused a few times too

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't remember which players were affected

Was way before Chansiri's time but can't remember under which chairman it was (think it was DA's time)

Basically we had players we weren't playing because if we did we'd have to pay clause money/fees out

The player essentially had to just sit in the stands and not be included - might have been sat on the bench unused a few times too

Nah - that was because we always had to leave a player out so we could play DA's preferred 4-3-2 formation. :ph34r:

Edited by royalowlisback

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Did you read the sentences above that where I said that's what a conspiracy theorist could suggest

I did, but then I decided to obviously be selective and make a joke which now seems to have backfired somewhat. Famously serious, the agitators.

As literally none of the evidence points towards a strike or an issue with appearance money and literally all of the evidence points towards a string of injuries due to unfitness then... I’m really going to have take some time to weigh this up before making any personal decision.

• Haha 1

Suspect it has more to do with the previous regime's opinion of player conditioning and core fitness, one season too far for poorly conditioned, unfit players who had been run into the ground playing week in week out and being asked to play with injuries/without necessary recovery time. 

In short, the previous regime broke the first team.

Jos' attitude seems to be that they only come back when 100% fit, but I am still amazed that with none of them knocking on the door for a return, DC didn't sanction more reinforcements in the January window. I don't expect to see many of the injured before the end of the season and wouldn't be surprised if we never see some of them wear a Wednesday shirt again.

10 minutes ago, striker said:

I don't expect to see many of the injured before the end of the season and wouldn't be surprised if we never see some of them wear a Wednesday shirt again.

To be fair no fvvker other than the fans has worn a Wednesday shirt for a season and a half.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4