George Hirst, Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Steven Fletcher

45 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

The Fletcher situation is absolutely bizarre.

He plays all Pre Season, is ever present in the 18s all the way into November. Then suddenly decides he’s been carrying a knock all that time and he can’t play anymore. Since then, nothing. No reports of what’s up or when he might be back. 

He’d clearly had a problem with his knee all season. Often you’d see it strapped up when he came off as a sub, believe he had some surgery

Just now, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Ha ha, I was going to post the same once I’d finished reading all the thread, quite right, Neil why don’t you book yourself an appointment with Chansiri and ask him yourself ?

Why would I do that? I'm insignificant and irrelevant.

What should happen is simply the club should make some attempt to appease fans who are confused as to why the entire first team are missing from our football club

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would I do that? I'm insignificant and irrelevant.

What should happen is simply the club should make some attempt to appease fans who are confused as to why the entire first team are missing from our football club

True but from my recolection Chansiri in his meeting said he would rather social media owners / managers talked to him about issues rather than causing friction when there isn’t any on line.

So, why don’t you (or your representative) take him up on it ?

You’l either find out the truth or at least call his bluff.

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

I would feel so much more confident about not going down if only a few of the injured players returned, Tom Lees is back training, Bannan a couple of weeks away and I believe Westwood ans Van Aken aren’t far away, Hooper and Fletcher is a mystery more so fletcher, Kieron Lee unfortunately I think he’s long term, can’t see him playing this season again, The one that I think will give the team a huge boost is FF, and it will Be like a new signing having been out all season, I’m thinking we will see him training back end of February 

1 minute ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

True but from my recolection Chansiri in his meeting said he would rather social media owners / managers talked to him about issues rather than causing friction when there isn’t any on line.

I wasn't at the recent meeting 

I'm not causing friction where there is none. The entire first team is missing and people are wondering why (including myself)

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Mr Hooper said:

Gary Hooper - Hip problem, started of as something minimal, then all of a sudden he was out for months. Posted a picture of his new boots at the weekend with football socks on, so maybe he's training again?

Fessi - Knee op, was supposed to be back in January, then we got told it would be a few months after this, training in Spain, but since Jos has taken over the videos of training have stopped.

Fletcher - Never heard any updates on him, does Joe even know he's on our books? who knows.

Hirst - Snake

Bannan - Back running and training.

Tom Lees - Back running.

Kieran Lee - No idea, last thing I heard were the Twitter retirement rumours, don't believe them though.

Abdi - Probably best not to speak about him, the only good thing is, we get regular updates on what his current injury is. But the guy isn't ever going to play for us is he?

Hutchinson - Again, hardly any updates on him, is it his hip as well? - Who knows....we miss him

Westwood - Again, was this also a Hip injury? I remember seeing a Tweet saying he was around 2 months away.

Van Aken - No idea what's happening, a young player with no injury record, comes to s6 and all of a sudden he's out for months...

Anyone else?!

I count 8 (9 if Van Aken is ahead of Loovens or Lees these days) potential 1st teamers. 9 of a 1st choice 18.

9 injuries isn't unheard of.

I'm sure in the history of football, it's happened many times. We don't usually familiarise ourselves with every other Club's injury situations.

If you think about it, it'd be a lot stranger if it never happened.

We'd think "Why is it never 8 or 9 of our best out at the same time... Weird".

Especially as the players that have played the most are probably more at risk than the ones not playing... Abdi is an exception. lol

There's also the fact that a couple on the list are well know injury prone players.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of players currently missing and unavailable at our club?

It's now February and we need to have a look at what's going on.

The full first team out is not just worrying but it begs a lot of questions 

Anyone know who's currently out?

Here it is.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Hutch

JVA

Lee

Abdi

Bannan

FF

Hooper

Fletcher

Wonder how that Xl would have gone on v Birmingham.

Our list of injuries is a bit crazy but it's not entirely outside the realms of possibility, we did sign a lot of players towards the back end of their careers and Boyd came out and said the training regime simply wasn't good enough (Jos had them doing double sessions just to catch up didn't he?) add a bit of bad timing to that and that's how we're in this position.

There's no conspiracy about appearances or goal bonuses, they're just injured, I know things in football are a bit shady but not everything has a sinister motive behind it.

As far as fessi is concerned. I went private when I did my ACL. The surgeon specialized in sports injuries and was currently working on a Blunt at the same time as it happens. The surgeon said to me it doesn't matter if you are pro or Sunday league it still takes 6 months to heal before you can start to train for real.

I was a year out as my training schedule meant i also had to lose a stone in weight first.....

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Here it is.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Hutch

JVA

Lee

Abdi

Bannan

FF

Hooper

Fletcher

Wonder how that Xl would have gone on v Birmingham.

Thought Hunt was ok now...?

You could arguably add Winnall and Hirst to the list of ‘unavailables’ plus Pudil is of course suspended for Saturday. Just the 13 then.

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wasn't at the recent meeting 

I'm not causing friction where there is none. The entire first team is missing and people are wondering why (including myself)

Because they're injured.

If you're wondering whether the club are using injuries to cover up for some other nefarious or incompetent scheme they've got going on, you'd have to ask them. Owlstalk Detective Agency is still trying to find Madeleine McCann. 

What ever happened to that Wembley season players, pretty much all still at the club. Yet it all seems such a mess for some mysterious reason and that season feels such a long time ago. 

I want our Fessi back... and Lee, Hooper and Bazza. What a difference they’d make just alone. 

Its like some sort of plague has hit our club. 

Think we should go find these players and ask them what crack is... if they fail to answer bundle them in back of a van and drop them off at Meggo’s house, so he can beast the poo out of them. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Does there have to be a conspiracy for everything?

It's an amazing conspiracy that presumably Jos is now part of. It encompasses around 40 professional players, coaches, backroom staff and chairman. It involves players fooling hospitals into giving them operations they don't need just so they don't have to play.... What a theory!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Does there have to be a conspiracy for everything?

We were told that our players were fit and that thoughts that they weren't were 'total crap'

We were told that players would be back playing aaaaages ago but they've disappeared still

No conspiracy - just a few questions as to where our first team are

Owlstalk Shop