George Hirst, Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Steven Fletcher

According to Howson Forestieri’s mystery knee injury was ACL surgery so he was never in a million years going to be back for January. So it was either a blatant lie or the medical team don’t actually know what an ACL is. Either way it’s a disgrace. 

Just now, owls maniac said:

I did think that but surely something would have leaked out?

We've had FFP rammed down our throats since before we signed Rhodes, that's always been a concern for me, in that it's been used as a smokescreen. Now with the lack of credible info coming out about key players, it's pretty worrying, especially on the back of a very unsatisfactory transfer window. If we had long term injuries to key players, we should have signed a couple of players on loan at the very least. 

It's baffling innit. 

Never ever known it to happen to another team anywhere, any time, any place. It's just never happened for the whole first team to be out all at once for such a strange length of time.

Conspiracy theorists would have a field day and might probably suggest there are three or four possible scenarios...

1) Genuine injuries - but why the whole first team and why ONLY the first team players? (don't the U23's train on the same pitches?)
2) Money - Can't afford to play them - appearance fees/clauses mean we can't afford to actually play them (we've had this situation before at SWFC)
3) Strike - Someone's cheesed them all off to the point they're just basically on an all out strike and deliberately not playing games?

Personally I find it baffling

I also find it strange that our fans are so patient on this issue.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, hawksmore said:

We've had FFP rammed down our throats since before we signed Rhodes, that's always been a concern for me, in that it's been used as a smokescreen. Now with the lack of credible info coming out about key players, it's pretty worrying, especially on the back of a very unsatisfactory transfer window. If we had long term injuries to key players, we should have signed a couple of players on loan at the very least. 

But in not playing the ‘star’ players we are risking relegation, which will cause far more financial damage. Wouldn’t surprise me if many of them have a miraculous recovery if the Dingles wee pipe us on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, ThaiWife said:

According to Howson Forestieri’s mystery knee injury was ACL surgery so he was never in a million years going to be back for January. So it was either a blatant lie or the medical team don’t actually know what an ACL is. Either way it’s a disgrace. 

6 months min for ACL surgery, even that's optimistic. That would make it March at the earliest.

I thought it was Bannan and Westwood that had setbacks, not Lees?

The truth is a lot of these players are injury prone anyway. There injury problems aren't exclusive to this season. Difference is this time around it's all come at once. Think about it.

Lees- missed a large chunk of the first season under CC when he got injured against Stoke in the cup.

Lee- Missed large chunk of last season. The only season with us where he has been fully fit is CC's first season in charge. I remember when we first signed him under DJ didn't he get injured on arrival?

Hooper- Took ages to get match fit when he first joined and again missed most of last season with injury.

Hutch- Always injured, that first season under CC he did well to play the amount of games he did. But he had to retire due to injury, not surprised he's been breaking down a lot the past two years. 

Westwood- For a goalkeeper injured too much. Has always missed the odd game with injury throughout his time here.

Fletcher- Injury prone all his career. 

Abdi- Bad injury kept him out of Watford's side for almost a season a few years back. 

Only anomalye's are really Bannan and FF who seem to have picked up the first real injury problems of their career this season at Wednesday. 

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fernando Forestieri.png

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of players currently missing and unavailable at our club?

It's now February and we need to have a look at what's going on.

The full first team out is not just worrying but it begs a lot of questions 

Anyone know who's currently out?

Jos...

:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

But in not playing the ‘star’ players we are risking relegation, which will cause far more financial damage. Wouldn’t surprise me if many of them have a miraculous recovery if the Dingles wee pipe us on Saturday. 

Me neither, if that's what it takes to get them all back, i dare say i'd take it!

Actually, nah i just couldn't ever accept that! What i would like though is some form of communication from the club as to the current status of many of the players who are injured. 

Just now, hawksmore said:

Me neither, if that's what it takes to get them all back, i dare say i'd take it!

Actually, nah i just couldn't ever accept that! What i would like though is some form of communication from the club as to the current status of many of the players who are injured. 

The longer it goes on the more agitated the fan base are going to become. It’s like a kettle coming to the boil at the moment and the silence is only exacerbating it. 

29 minutes ago, Owlbert Einstein said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea to give fans an update, at least on players who are close. Our players seem to get injured and go completely off the radar, never to be seen again until suddenly they're in starting eleven...crazy.

This is true, no one keeps us updated on their progress, and why are they out for so long, it's a complete mystery.