George Hirst, Fernando Forestieri, Gary Hooper, Steven Fletcher

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The truth is a lot of these players are injury prone anyway. There injury problems aren't exclusive to this season. Difference is this time around it's all come at once. Think about it.

Lees- missed a large chunk of the first season under CC when he got injured against Stoke in the cup.

Lee- Missed large chunk of last season. The only season with us where he has been fully fit is CC's first season in charge. I remember when we first signed him under DJ didn't he get injured on arrival?

Hooper- Took ages to get match fit when he first joined and again missed most of last season with injury.

Hutch- Always injured, that first season under CC he did well to play the amount of games he did. But he had to retire due to injury, not surprised he's been breaking down a lot the past two years. 

Westwood- For a goalkeeper injured too much. Has always missed the odd game with injury throughout his time here.

Fletcher- Injury prone all his career. 

Abdi- Bad injury kept him out of Watford's side for almost a season a few years back. 

Only anomalye's are really Bannan and FF who seem to have picked up the first real injury problems of their career this season at Wednesday. 

Thanks for that summary, and looking at it makes me wonder why we buy so many injury prone players?

14 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Gary Hooper - Hip problem, started of as something minimal, then all of a sudden he was out for months. Posted a picture of his new boots at the weekend with football socks on, so maybe he's training again?

Understand similar to Keiran Lee problem so maybe end of season

Fessi - Knee op, was supposed to be back in January, then we got told it would be a few months after this, training in Spain, but since Jos has taken over the videos of training have stopped.

Was always going to to be 6 -8 months for knee ligament operation. could be backin April if things go well.

Fletcher - Never heard any updates on him, does Joe even know he's on our books? who knows.

Apparently tonsilitis turned into knee injury

Hirst - Snake

Needs to swallow a bit of pride and go and see Jos could easily get a game.

Bannan - Back running and training.

Broke down in training back with medical team

Tom Lees - Back running.

Slight problem may be back running this week.

Kieran Lee - No idea, last thing I heard were the Twitter retirement rumours, don't believe them though.

Had operation same as last year was rushed last year which created problem, had operation earlier than last season so may be around for last 4/5 games.

Abdi - Probably best not to speak about him, the only good thing is, we get regular updates on what his current injury is. But the guy isn't ever going to play for us is he?

Needs rmedical retirement and us claimimng insurnace money. 

Hutchinson - Again, hardly any updates on him, is it his hip as well? - Who knows....we miss him

three to 4 weeks

Westwood - Again, was this also a Hip injury? I remember seeing a Tweet saying he was around 2 months away.

had setback last week back with medical team

Van Aken - No idea what's happening, a young player with no injury record, comes to s6 and all of a sudden he's out for months...

About 3 weeks away from a return. will apparently be due to start training next week.

Anyone else?

Reading this list i am not feeling too good.

I have added in what I have heard.

Just now, Plonk said:

You would think a local journalist worth his salt would be all over this.....oh wait 

Dom Howson asks the questions at every single press conference

Trouble is because he's just asking 'Any news on injuries or when Tom Lees will be back?' it makes him look like he's just repeating the same old questions each time (he is).

What we need the press/radio to ask is a 'once and for all - what's going on with all these injuries and what's behind it?'

Thing is though I reckon they already know but maybe have been asked not to say anything or highlight it?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Dom Howson asks the questions at every single press conference

Trouble is because he's just asking 'Any news on injuries or when Tom Lees will be back?' it makes him look like he's just repeating the same old questions each time (he is).

What we need the press/radio to ask is a 'once and for all - what's going on with all these injuries and what's behind it?'

Thing is though I reckon they already know but maybe have been asked not to say anything or highlight it?

It's Radio Pig that needs to ask the questions

... as they're the only ones who bring their own microphone

Fletcher and Hutch are bizarre. I wonder if Hutch is suffering with depression again and possibly Fletcher something similar and that's why there is no news? Hopefully we'll have Lees, Bannan and Van Aken back by the end of the month. If we're sticking with a back 3 then even having one of Lees or Van Aken back will make a huge difference.

The Fletcher situation is absolutely bizarre.

He plays all Pre Season, is ever present in the 18s all the way into November. Then suddenly decides he’s been carrying a knock all that time and he can’t play anymore. Since then, nothing. No reports of what’s up or when he might be back.