Carlos Doing The Exact Opposite Of What He Did At Hillsbro

1 minute ago, Indoor Owl said:

He has the skilled players he need to play his style of game now.

Too true. If only we gave him enough time and money to build a squad which could play "his style of game"...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bobness said:

Too true. If only we gave him enough time and money to build a squad which could play "his style of game"...

If only he had more money to spend than any other owls manager in history. He also had 2 and half years. We were going backwards under him.

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

... a fraud that's going to win Manager of the Month in the Premier League, and whose squad is likely to beat the blue off of our kit when Swansea comes to town.

He has the skilled players he need to play his style of game now.  Working out well for him and Swansea so far.

He’s been there a month. They have quality players. It’s called the new manager effect.

I don't think it's that complicated. It's easy to play football when the pressure's off and you have nothing to lose.

There can't be many people over 10 years old who still don't realise that football is a confidence game more than anything? It's exactly why I said on here before the season started that I expected United to be in the top six until around Christmas but would fall well away by its completion.

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

While he was here he stubbornly refused to change system from 4-4-2 .......... now he is playing 3-4-2-1 

He said he didnt like pacy wingers .......... now he is playing two 

He would never give the youngsters a chance at Hillsbro ......... he brought two on tonight 

He played dire, slow, boring defensive football at Hillsbro ......... now he is playing free flowing attacking football

If he had shown this flexibility during his time here, maybe he would still be here ,and we would have won one of the two play off attempts.  

He has become a different coach .

No he hasn't, though I was in two minds about him as our manager. I can see Swansea getting relegated once the dust settles because he's not going to change his game when required. Whether or not that happens this season, who knows

8 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

You make a fair point in a way...where it falls down is that we weren't playing in the premier league.

FFS.

Yes, Swansea's players are bob compared to many in that division ... but they're still better than ours, even at full strength.

Hog Staton barnet.png

9 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

While he was here he stubbornly refused to change system from 4-4-2 .......... now he is playing 3-4-2-1 

He would never give the youngsters a chance at Hillsbro ......... he brought two on tonight 

He played dire, slow, boring defensive football at Hillsbro ......... now he is playing free flowing attacking football

If he had shown this flexibility during his time here, maybe he would still be here ,and we would have won one of the two play off attempts.  

Horses for courses...

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

No he hasn't, though I was in two minds about him as our manager. I can see Swansea getting relegated once the dust settles because he's not going to change his game when required. Whether or not that happens this season, who knows

If they win at home to injury-ravaged Burnley on Saturday, Swansea could still finish 7th and qualify for Europe next season

10 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Is he not doing what he did with us in his first season ?

Played exciting, high tempo, attacking football..

Wait til next season if they stay up then we'll see the true CC...

Oh and by the way, who gives a f*ck - move on, he has !!

"He would never give the youngsters a chance at Hillsbro ......... he brought two on tonight " OP

I'm sure I witnessed him give a number of young players a run out in the cup inc George Hirst at Cambridge.

Encouraged youngsters to go out on loan and they came back in January better for the experience and available to JL.

"Carlos the Conman" hounded out at Hillsborough is doing very well at Swansea - get over it and stop making up nonsense!

Calling Carlos a fraud is ridiculous. We played some good football during the time he was here, which was well over two seasons, so not like he was a one season wonder. The bloke tried his best and made some decisions that many fans couldn't understand, same goes for most football teams as fans always think they know best, but things didn't work out and he's gone now. To say he has poisoned the club and left it in ruins is unfair. Chansiri is the bloke who is responsible for that, if it's even true.

This season got off to a poor start and never recovered. That's football and it's why he's not here now. Why the need to obsess about the bloke? Moaning about him now he's having some success at Swansea is just childish.

6 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

... a fraud that's going to win Manager of the Month in the Premier League, and whose squad is likely to beat the blue off of our kit when Swansea comes to town.

He has the skilled players he need to play his style of game now.  Working out well for him and Swansea so far.

He had 2 + years to assemble a squad , and failed miserably 

SOME of us were calling for a change at the end of the 1st season, but Noooooo, you would not listen, you would be told.

He is history now, left us in a mess, but still history.

Myabe Jos could give that Bulgarian kid a place in the squad on Saturday and play Clare instead of Wallace.