What's your favoured formation and starting lineup now?

Wildsmith

Hunt

Venancio

Pudil

Thorniley

Reach

Jones

Clare

Boyd

Joao

Rhodes

5 at the back could work. We may as well stick with it given it's the system Jos has implemented early on. Problem with it is Palmer and Fox (particularly Fox) nowhere near good enough to play wingback role. Reach should be moved back to left back. He has the stamina to get up and down. For me his best performance in a Wednesday shirt was playing as an advanced full back against Sunderland start of the season. We may miss him further forward but to be honest he's not exactly the creative spark in the middle. Hunt instead of Palmer purely because he's quicker. Sean Clare needs a run of games ASAP. We need legs and energy in the middle, he provides both. Butterfield and Wallace simply not good enough. Time to give George Boyd a sustained run in the side. David Jones superb against the Pigs and Cardiff then finds himself dropped? Should be in the side and given the captains armband. Loovens should be nowhere near the starting eleven.

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wildsmith

Hunt

Venancio

Pudil

Thorniley

Reach

Jones

Clare

Boyd

Joao

Rhodes

5 at the back could work. We may as well stick with it given it's the system Jos has implemented early on. Problem with it is Palmer and Fox (particularly Fox) nowhere near good enough to play wingback role. Reach should be moved back to left back. He has the stamina to get up and down. For me his best performance in a Wednesday shirt was playing as an advanced full back against Sunderland start of the season. We may miss him further forward but to be honest he's not exactly the creative spark in the middle. Hunt instead of Palmer purely because he's quicker. Sean Clare needs a run of games ASAP. We need legs and energy in the middle, he provides both. Butterfield and Wallace simply not good enough. Time to give George Boyd a sustained run in the side. David Jones superb against the Pigs and Cardiff then finds himself dropped? Should be in the side and given the captains armband. Loovens should be nowhere near the starting eleven.

Didn't Season Clare go back to Gillingham? 

Nothing has changed for me. I still feel the best way for us to move forward with this group is a 4-3-3 or variant.

Obviously you need to play a two to get the best out of Rhodes.  Thing is. I just don't think we will outscored many teams in a high scoring fixture.

So I'd go 4-1-4-1 on the road. Switching to an attacking 4-3-3 with a front 3 of Boyd, Joao and Wallace. 

No automatic alt text available.

I still believe that Joao is the only player we have really capable of playing this role well.  And he's also looked a real attacking threat since Jos came in. So he's an absolute shoe in for me.  I do think we need to keep the three man centre midfield. Our two in there getting bummed every week has been something that has concerned me for two years. 

And you only have to look at the improvement  in Jones playing in a 3 man centre under Jos' 3-5-2.  

I fully expect that Jos. Will keeper with his 5-3-2.  The extra man at the back (barring the Brum catastrophe) has worked so far in as much as we have kept three clean sheets against some sides which we wouldn't have expected before kick off. 

We hang argue long and hard about whether Palmer , Fox Hunt or Reach should be playing wing back. Or whether they are good enough.  I don't really think he'll be paying that much heed.  Most goals we've conceded this season have been scored in the width of a 20 yard strip down the middle. And having a 3 and 3 in that area is clearly why Jos has set us up this way. 

Whether or not we stick with this system long term (and I don't think we will) it can't be argued is that Jos is too stubborn and in love with his own system to change to something which will get is results when the poo has hit the fan. Which it most certainly had the week the was parachuted into to town to save the season.  He's come in and gone with something he hasn't done at his other clubs and which he doesn't particularly like. Had his predecessor done the same we might not be where we are. 

So in answer to the O.P. . 4-1-4-1/4-3-3  for me. 

But fully expect to see 3-5-2 and won't be disappointed if we do, as it's seen us get only 1 defeat since it's inception. 

Wildsmith

O’Grady.      Venancio.     Thornliy 

Clare.         Pelupessy.           Jones.              Reach

Matias

Rhodes.                Joao 

Dawson

Loovens

Fox

Palmer

Boyd

Wallace

Nuhiu

Wildsmith

Venancio. Neilson  ogrady

Hunt             Boyd         Pelupessy.         Reach

Matias

Joao                        Rhodes.              

I’d go with a variation of 3 at the back. 

Some games 352 some games 343.

I like Reach in CM but with the state of fox we have to play him wing back, Hunt getting fitter id have him on the other side.

Dingles on sat id go:

Wildsmith

Venancio Loovens Thornley

Hunt Pelupessy Jones Reach

Clare

Matias Joao

Wildsmith 

Palmer Venancio Loovens Pudil

Clare (give the lad a chance, from I've seen he can actually carry the ball forward which is more than any of our current fit cms) Pelupessy Reach

Matias Rhodes Joao 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wildsmith

Hunt

Venancio

Pudil

Thorniley

Reach

Jones

Clare

Boyd

Joao

Rhodes

I think playing Pudil at Barnsley might land us in a spot of bother