Matias Appeal

5 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Evidently the ref assessor at the game said it was WRONG to send him off..............so on that basis an appeal was a no-brainer. If we have failed to do so ....then somebody wants..................ing

I'm not saying you're wrong but where does this info come from ?  I can't see a confidential report by the assessor being leaked - particularly before any appeal is lodged - and likewise it would be very unprofessional for the assessor to comment publicly before speaking to his bosses and he'd get a rocket for that. Whether Matias deserved red I don't know, I couldn't see from where I was sat but if he gave them an excuse unecessarily then he was stupid, particularly with the state of our squad.

3 minutes ago, doubleo said:

I'm not saying you're wrong but where does this info come from ?  I can't see a confidential report by the assessor being leaked - particularly before any appeal is lodged - and likewise it would be very unprofessional for the assessor to comment publicly before speaking to his bosses and he'd get a rocket for that. Whether Matias deserved red I don't know, I couldn't see from where I was sat but if he gave them an excuse unecessarily then he was stupid, particularly with the state of our squad.

See page 1 of this thread..................Alan Biggs tweet re ref observer

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Strangely though there was no mention of Pudil on the suspended list for us

That is strange, he was sent off for 2 yellow cards which I thought meant there was no possibility of appeal.

13 hours ago, owl4528 said:

Haha yes great minds and all that!

My concern here is that it didn't get signed off at the top by anyone and if so is yet another example of micro management from a distance gone horribly wrong!

But it did ,  micro management at its best 

25 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Would be nice for the balloons on this thread who've been mindlessly slating the club for not appealing to eat a little humble pie lol

They won’t though will they , some so called supporters on this site are here just to beat the chairman with a big stick 

14 hours ago, owl4528 said:

Haha yes great minds and all that!

My concern here is that it didn't get signed off at the top by anyone and if so is yet another example of micro management from a distance gone horribly wrong!

14 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Must admit I have a concern we weren’t capable of organising or paying for the appeal 

14 hours ago, OzOwl said:

This, every day of the week.