Cheapest and most expensive Sheffield Wednesday matches

Play-off final at Wembley cost a fair bit.  2 tickets at about £80 each, night in a hotel on Wembley way and parking.

Some of the games when we were in League one were decent.  Seem to remember MK Dons away when Mellor scored a hat-trick was a great day out and didn't cost the earth.

Also had a laugh at a pre-season friendly against Hull that would have cost about £10, sat right behind the away bench and gave Phil Brown dog's abuse (all relatively good natured) for 90 minutes.  At the end he turned around and clapped me and gave a thumbs up with a wink.

Just not bothered...

From 18 years old I worked on the turnstiles for 8 years so got paid for watching some of the best football we've ever produced so thats my cheapest.

Play off v Hull....all I could get for myself and my daughter were two tickets in a one of the club wembley boxes....no change out of £700.....double ouch.

Does anyone know if the pay on the day fan has in fact got better value for money that a season ticket. When I was a season ticket holder it was always about £50-60 cheaper than match day prices but there are that many different prices now is it cheaper.

Season ticket price on the south for a new fan this season is £705 or £30.65 a game.

Does anyone have the breakdown of what it would have cost to instead pay for every game separately, it would be interesting to see if there is a saving or not.

1 hour ago, Lythamowl said:

From 18 years old I worked on the turnstiles for 8 years so got paid for watching some of the best football we've ever produced so thats my cheapest.

Play off v Hull....all I could get for myself and my daughter were two tickets in a one of the club wembley boxes....no change out of £700.....double ouch.

So he play off final executive boxes were cheaper than the corporate boxes at Hillsborough for a normal match day - go figure.

I remember getting into the ground with my season ticket for free with 9,000 others to see Hirsty make his come back for the reserves, i think it is still a club record for reserves football - one of the few times I also saw Adam Poric too.

Tickets for play off final at Wembley, plus 2 nights hotel, plus petrol, plus tube fares, plus food and drinks.

Cheapest complimentary tickets for a Tuesday night fixture at Scunthorpe (in Scunthorpe end).

Edited by Hookowl

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What's been the most expensive matchday for you and what's been the one where you've managed to have a right good day out at a Wednesday game but hardly spent a penny?

Are there any games where you've burned hundreds of pounds on the matchday experience?

lol

My uncle used to lift me over the turnstiles back in the day , so that was a cheap day out. lol

I'd hate to even think and work out how much following Wednesday has cost me over the years.

Since i got my own shop i close every other Saturday for away games and that's over 200 smackers right there.

Then there's the midweek games but i wouldn't change it for the World.

We consider it as a day trip or weekend and treat it as a mini holiday every fortnight.

2016 play-off final easily for ticket and travel alone (before the copious amounts of booze).

Cheapest has to be Donny away in 2004 at Belle Vue. Not far from my parents house so to date the only ever Wednesday game I’ve been able to walk to and from the whole way.

41 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

I'd hate to even think and work out how much following Wednesday has cost me over the years.

Since i got my own shop i close every other Saturday for away games and that's over 200 smackers right there.

Then there's the midweek games but i wouldn't change it for the World.

We consider it as a day trip or weekend and treat it as a mini holiday every fortnight.

What do you sell in your shop Pulsar?

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Does anyone know if the pay on the day fan has in fact got better value for money that a season ticket. When I was a season ticket holder it was always about £50-60 cheaper than match day prices but there are that many different prices now is it cheaper.

Season ticket price on the south for a new fan this season is £705 or £30.65 a game.

Does anyone have the breakdown of what it would have cost to instead pay for every game separately, it would be interesting to see if there is a saving or not.

I’m on a membership and I get a £5 discount compared to pay on the day.. Birmingham game cost me £35 on the north stand. Average I usually pay is £35-48 depending what category it is