What made you support Sheffield Wednesday?

said this before my entire male line back to the start has always been Wednesday as it should be 

however my old man didn't really influence me other than taking me only to owls matches :rolleyes:

I remember making the conscious choice myself I preferred blue to red and at my school the complete idiots were red  made the decision easy  I can see the grin on my old man's face now when I said I wanna be Wednesday 

I didn't give my lads the choice  took my first son to his first match at 6 months :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Never had a choice, and if I had I'm intelligent so would have chosen the light side anyway. Literally every blade at our school was as thick as pigsh1t and the normal kids supported Wednesday.

ha just said the same 

Consider myself VERY, VERY LUCKY.

Only mum Mum, Dad and one uncle were Owls.

One Grandfather originally from Derby (County fan) and almost all rest of extended family are blunts, with the odd Barnsley, Leeds and even Arsenal fan chucked in for bad measure.

Dad took me on North as a kid and after watching Curran, then Bannister I was never gonna support anyone else.

Very occasionally played football on park after school with Simon Mellor (Neil's older brother) who even more rarely brought dad Ian along for a kick about, so that helped too (doubt that would happen nowadays).

Dad passed away 5 years ago.

Last match we ever attended together was on North (4-1 v Bury, Dave Jones first match in charge?).

Not been on North since and never will again.

Owls 1 - City 2 to relegate us , 1970. 46,000 in Hillsborough, Manchester in Milan strip.

As usual, we were so bad City tried to throw the game so we stayed up but we still couldn't manage it.

Nowt changes. But it was still great.

Edited by fred mciver
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Never had a choice, and if I had I'm intelligent so would have chosen the light side anyway. Literally every blade at our school was as thick as pigsh1t and the normal kids supported Wednesday.

Yea, plus the fact that you would have got your arse tanned if

you had ever asked me to take you to watch the pigs.lol

There were no football fans in my family at all.

When i was 8 (1969) a friend of my parents took me to a game. We sat in the north stand and had a Bovril and a Pie, tasted marvelous. Cant remember the football or if we won or lost.

As i reached early teens, i started going with mates from School, who were all Owls. Caught the bug and being going through thick and mainly thin ever since

WTID