CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

1 hour ago, Reallondonowl said:

Correct - besides I want him stay and get better advice and more value for his money

In my opinion the first ,and fatal mistake DC made was Paul Aldridge .

He should have offered Aldridge what ever it took to keep him at the club and let him have control of the day to day running of the club ,and complete control over player contracts , transfer fees ,and negotiations with agents. 

Instead he  he let himself by bent over and shafted by Doyen who have milked the club for every penny they could. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

He should have offered Aldridge what ever it took to keep him at the club and let him have control of the day to day running of the club ,and complete control over player contracts , transfer fees ,and negotiations with agents. 

Instead he  he let himself by bent over and shafted by Doyen who have milked the club for every penny they could. 

Dangerous talk my friend indeed.

3 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

DC has made mistakes and is paying for them.

We are feeling the pain and disappointment.

We all have that snake in the grass Coco to thank.

He let DC down badly and still has Dickk heads on here defending  him.

Not a good time .

makes me wonder what they know about football, I follow our club closely, I go to all home games,and as many away games as I can . what carlos did to our club cant be defended , he will always use the injury situation for our failure , but remember back to preston away 1st game of this season alarm bells should have rung then , a near full strength team inc forestieri . we played burton,bolton,brum etc etc away all with near full strength teams and lost to a Bolton side at time who didn't score in previous 9 games . he had so many failings its unreal ,wont list them all as it gets boring ,just like his press conferences. 

Or...

We accept that life is often about making mistakes and learning from them, getting knocked down and getting up again, we hope that our chairman has learned something, and we back him.

Because what’s our alternative?

Guest Hillsborough Mole
12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

This assumes that Aldridge would have wanted to work with him

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

In previous years we've had chairmen with no real money to invest

We've also have chairmen who have been relatively tight/sensible with the outlay

This time round we have an enthusiastic chairman happy to invest whatever it takes and have come unstuck

We (literally) can't win can we?

lol

What we needed DC to come in and be the public face, waving, cheering being the head honcho to the media, while paying Milan mandrich  to run the club, so he could learn, then take the reigns when he knew what he was doing. 

6 hours ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

So who's gonna want to buy this mess off DC then?

It’s fans like yourself that are damaging the club, I’ve seen some ridiculous threads on OT but this is up there as one of the worst!! DC is one the best things to happen to this club In the last 20 years, we go through a sticky patch with our best 11 out injured and you call for DC to leave, I’d like to see your negative posts towards DC from the last two seasons

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

F.O!.

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you work that out?

Are you saying the club's in the position it's in because of the fans?

No! But posts like this do more harm than good, and after the last fan forum with DC we know the club monitor social media, yes it’s tough at the minute but the club and players need our support more than ever, on our day we can be the best fans in the country, we can be the 12th man, but we can also be the worst, like our friend here calling for DC’s head, just imagine where we would be if we had all our key players fit this season, playoff positions probably not but top 10 with a chance of payoffs definitely, it’s been the worst injury crisis the club has seen so it doesn’t come as much of a surprise to see where we are in the table, it’s not the Chairman’s fault we have this injury crisis, let’s support the club we love through this difficult time, cause I can guarantee everyone would be supportive if we were higher in the league. UTO! 

Edited by GEE

1 minute ago, GEE said:

No! But posts like this do more harm than good

Disagree and here's why

Debating how you feel on here is fine and part and parcel of football and social media

So long as it's constructive, honest, legal and is your opinion then what possible harm can it do?

Same as those who left at half time on Saturday. It's better to do that than it is to sit booing our players as they try to play isnt it?

The thing about debate is that the original poster feels one way (I don't agree Chansiri needs to go btw) and it's up to others now to post their opinions and points of view to offer an alternative side to it and possibly even end up changing each others minds on the matter

Either way - debate on the club is healthy and leads to improvements at the club - as said by Mr Chansiri and others recently 

:rolleyes:

Owlstalk Shop

Really does stagger me how many people are still convinced Chansiri is doing a good job. 

Honest intentions and a bottomless bank account aren't enough for me - you have to run the club well and his reign has had far more negatives than positives. 

Tens of millions spunked away on transfers and wages and then has the temerity to scapegoat the fans for future cutbacks. 

And STILL he can do no wrong in the eyes of many. 

Think a lot are blinded by the cash he has spent to be honest. 

He claims he's spent £150m on the club - which is all very commendable if you're spending it wisely. When you're not, you may as well have not bothered. 

Edited by KivoOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1