CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

8 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Every club has its idiots

sadly it would apperar that they can now use a computer.

Lets get Dave Allen back

How are chesterfield doing just out of interest........?

Yeah lets use allen as a yard stick anything slightly above that as okay is it ?

So if we do go down to league 1 and lets say we struggle for a year or two down there are we still okay because its not DA?

lol

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Thing is bud hes the man at the top, the guy in charge that vetos everything, so he must shoulder some of the blame as he was the one with blind loyalty to Carlos. I'm not saying all the blame as our scouting network hasn't been up to scratch, the medical team havnt done thier job properly and of course Carlos takes some of the blame for our present predicament, but DC cannot be blameless. 

He is ultimately unaccountable.

He brought Doyen into the club nobody else.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 hour ago, Sonny said:

OP thinks we’re bigger than Newcastle and the worlds richest people would want to take us over. Put this thread in that context and you can see why he’d want Chansiri gone. Meanwhile in the real world...

26 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I said the worlds richest people, the type that Staveley can attract - Sheikh Mansour at City or the Reuben Brothers (apparently). Pie in the Sky stuff for Wednesday. As far as I’m aware Chansiri is not in that bracket. 

Without wishing to get involved in the discusson (because I disagree that DC needs to go) - you do realise Barnsley have been taken over by someone who has a personal wealth that makes DC look like hes scratching around for pennies down the back of the sofa??

The money thats swilling around in football right now has plenty of interested businessmen from all over the world desperate to get involved.  There is no reason to doubt whether someone else would be willing to take a punt on a club with the fanbase and infrastructure - especially as Mr Chansiri has improved that infrastructure while hes been here). Whether Mr C would lose money (or be prpeapred to) given his sizeable investment in mostly sheeite players is another matter

If he chooses to sell " top players" then that's his decision. I'd argue it doesn't need "top players / big names" 

It needs a sprinkling of quality mixed with hungry professionals who work for eachother. It needs a manager who can get everyone pulling in the same direction. It needs everyone in the club working together for the greater good and that includes the chairman.

Veiled threats in the form of survey's don't help. Fans and local businesses being priced out also don't help.

My hope for our future is that DC learns and learns quickly. 

5 minutes ago, marshy said:

If he chooses to sell " top players" then that's his decision. I'd argue it doesn't need "top players / big names" 

It needs a sprinkling of quality mixed with hungry professionals who work for eachother. It needs a manager who can get everyone pulling in the same direction. It needs everyone in the club working together for the greater good and that includes the chairman.

Veiled threats in the form of survey's don't help. Fans and local businesses being priced out also don't help.

My hope for our future is that DC learns and learns quickly. 

Good post.

Chansiri is not blameless, his faults for me are that he trusted one manager too long and gave him too much control of HIS football club. He allowed a manager to run unchecked for almost a season and a half with no one for him to answer to on a day to day basis. This must surely be put down to inexperience in the role he placed himself as a chairmen of a football club  and whilst his loyalty should be admired it was unfortunately misplaced.

For someone who prides themselves on being a businessman I believe he allowed his feelings for the manager to somewhat cloud his judgement when nearly all of us could see a decision was needed earlier, easier said than done though when you have a close working relationship with someone and you actually trust that person, but I feel that shows he was really taken the club to heart and anyone who questions his commitment is wrong IMO. 

For the record my only interaction with DC is I shook his hand at Fulham away lasts season I do not know the man at all and this is an assumption, he strikes me as a man who wants to have a very hands on approach to running the club and does not want to relinquish control to too many but if you are trusted by him he does so fully and 100%.

However it strikes me in football that you do need the immediacy of a Cheif Exec, DOF or something similar for a manager answer to. If nothing else they watch over your investment, at best they keep an eye on the manager and become the chairman's eyes and ears on a day to day basis which I would want if I ran a business and it was over seas. These people do not have to like one another they just have to develop an effective working relationship one that was clearly not their with the committee and the previous manager  so DC hedged his bets and backed the manager and for the most part it worked. This is however something that DC seems to be actively trying to reinstate at the football club which is a positive for me.

I understand peoples frustrations I really do, pricing and a loaded questionnaire document sent out to fans aside but I have started looking at this seasons similar to Bristol City last year at least in terms of the playing squad, they were an outside tip for promotion, it ended up with them staying up on the last day of the season.

They turned it round in the summer and are back on track again. Personally I believe we will be in a similar situation come May now but before you lay the blame firmly at DC's door you have to direct the majority of that feeling to words the previous manager who let the chairmen and the fans down far more than DC has us IMO. 

OP needs banning from the forum. 

Lord Chansiri is the best owner we’ve had but the problem is he’s a foreigner so that will stick in a lot of people’s craw. We really are the most racist city in the most racist country in the world. Feel so ashamed to have looked down upon the people of my hometown of Gillingham in favour of idolising the people of Sheffield. Looks like I was wrong.

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Haha 2

Just now, Rebowl Yell said:

Lord Chansiri is the best owner we’ve had but the problem is he’s a foreigner so that will stick in one people’s craw. We really are the most racist city in the most racist country in the world. Feel so ashamed to have looked down upon the people of my hometown of Gillingham in favour of idolising the people of Sheffield. Looks like I was wrong.

Not saying Sheffield and England are perfect but I take it you have never been to South Africa or Southern States of USA?

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Lord Chansiri is the best owner we’ve had but the problem is he’s a foreigner so that will stick in a lot of people’s craw. We really are the most racist city in the most racist country in the world. Feel so ashamed to have looked down upon the people of my hometown of Gillingham in favour of idolising the people of Sheffield. Looks like I was wrong.

Winner of bizarre post of the week.

lol

2 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I feel like you’re jumping the shark with these parody posts. 

• Haha 1