Jump to content


fred mciver

CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

Recommended Posts

Just now, @owlstalk said:

 


Have Blackburn and Blackpool gone out of business?

 

No but get on the phone to Mr Oyston and ask him if he fancies a change imagine how busy your site would be then eh mate lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Have Blackburn and Blackpool gone out of business?

 

Just now, Dronowl66 said:

No 



Thanks for clearing that up

 

 


 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

But if he does there will be guaranteed people waiting to take over despite what the scaremongers will tell you

 

Oh there wouldn't be a shortage of people sniffing round, that’s for sure. We’ve seen that over and again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When DC arrived we all spaffed ourselves believing we were minted and here comes the promised land. He has wasted millions on aged players on big wages and long contracts.

 

He gambled on promotion and it nearly came off but it didn't so we are now in big trouble and unless we start getting results quickly, we will go down. The Barnsley game will tell us if we have a chance, a repeat of last week will intensify the fans anger and despair, a win will change the mood.

 

Only DC will know what he will do if we are relegated. I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away, if he can get a buyer.

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


Better transport infrastructure, better concourses, parking etc

Closer to the M1, better training facilities next door


that's my 'hunch'

Well argued, and when I'm driving to Rotherham I often wonder about the waste ground near meadowhall. But Hillsboro re-sale value would not be that good. Hillboro has two good stands, we need two new stands. That's going to be significantly cheaper than moving to meadowhall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:

 



Thanks for merely pointing out the obvious 

 

 

 

lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bob said:

When DC arrived we all spaffed ourselves believing we were minted and here comes the promised land. He has wasted millions on aged players on big wages and long contracts.


True


No point in having millions and millions if you just spaff it all away 

Look at that Carl geezer who won the lottery in the 2000's and bought cars and houses and coke and hookers and is now totally skint

 

There's a prime example of why considered and clever investment in the playing squad is key and not just spaffing money on whoever your advisors tell you to or whatever the reason was for buying Jordan Rhodes was at the time (ps I like Rhodes and want him to start banging em in to shut the haters up)

  • Like 1

 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

 

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

 

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit. 

 

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

 

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

 

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

 

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

 

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

 

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

 

 

Good idea lets go into liquidation

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:



Mr Chansiri's plan is clearly to get promoted to the Premier League and move us away from Hillsborough and Middlewood as quickly as humanly possible

Is that ITK Neil? Or wishful thinking? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ian_D said:

Is that ITK Neil? Or wishful thinking? 

 


let's call it 'a hunch' for now


Then when it happens I'll claim to have been ITK all along

 

lol

 

  • Haha 2

 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mental. 

 

Shall we bring back Stevie May as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:


True


No point in having millions and millions if you just spaff it all away 

Look at that Carl geezer who won the lottery in the 2000's and bought cars and houses and coke and hookers and is now totally skint

 

There's a prime example of why considered and clever investment in the playing squad is key and not just spaffing money on whoever your advisors tell you to or whatever the reason was for buying Jordan Rhodes was at the time (ps I like Rhodes and want him to start banging em in to shut the haters up)

 

At least he didn't waste his money. lol

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP thinks we’re bigger than Newcastle and the worlds richest people would want to take us over. Put this thread in that context and you can see why he’d want Chansiri gone. Meanwhile in the real world...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


True


No point in having millions and millions if you just spaff it all away 

Look at that Carl geezer who won the lottery in the 2000's and bought cars and houses and coke and hookers and is now totally skint

 

There's a prime example of why considered and clever investment in the playing squad is key and not just spaffing money on whoever your advisors tell you to or whatever the reason was for buying Jordan Rhodes was at the time (ps I like Rhodes and want him to start banging em in to shut the haters up)

Well at least he spent his money wisely.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is quite a good debate for a Monday morning

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jamie_W said:

Mental. 

 

Shall we bring back Stevie May as well?

 

 

brian-may-main-image.png

To be fair even Brian May would get a game at the moment

 

lol

 

  • Haha 1

 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sonny said:

OP thinks we’re bigger than Newcastle and the worlds richest people would want to take us over. 



Where did Mr Chansiri come from then?


 


Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

 

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

 

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

 

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

 

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

 

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

 

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

 

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

 

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

 

 

You want him to strip the assets to get his money back then? 

 

You want us to go back to trying to break even? Which even Milan couldn't get us to do? 

 

You want us to wait goodness knows how long to find a buyer? These things take an absolute age to do!

 

You want to risk us ending up with an owner like Coventry? 

 

What you are saying is precisely the problem with football and society. 

 

We have a squad hammered by injuries, but lets just sell all the players we can, sack the rest, get new owners, just sack everything!!!!!!

 

How about, you realise football, business, LIFE, is a process about learning, improving and seeing out the rough times as well as enjoying the good times. 

 

Carlos has gone, many got their wish, now we give the new gaffer and process time. Not spend another year or more trying to find an owner whilst selling all our assets. 

Edited by WhiteOwl91
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Copthorneowl
8 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

You want him to strip the assets to get his money back then? 

 

You want us to go back to trying to break even? Which even Milan couldn't get us to do? 

 

You want us to wait goodness knows how long to find a buyer? These things take an absolute age to do!

 

You want to risk us ending up with an owner like Coventry? 

 

What you are saying is precisely the problem with football and society. 

 

We have a squad hammered by injuries, but lets just sell all the players we can, sack the rest, get new owners, just sack everything!!!!!!

 

How about, you realise football, business, LIFE, is a process about learning, improving and seeing out the rough times as well as enjoying the good times. 

 

Carlos has gone, many got their wish, now we give the new gaffer and process time. Not spend another year or more trying to find an owner whilst selling all our assets. 

 

Spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

 

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

 

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

 

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

 

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

 

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

 

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

 

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

 

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

 

 

What a load of proper Top Of The Range Bull Shi.....t ! 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×