CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

Just now, @owlstalk said:

But if he does there will be guaranteed people waiting to take over despite what the scaremongers will tell you

Oh there wouldn't be a shortage of people sniffing round, that’s for sure. We’ve seen that over and again.

When DC arrived we all spaffed ourselves believing we were minted and here comes the promised land. He has wasted millions on aged players on big wages and long contracts.

He gambled on promotion and it nearly came off but it didn't so we are now in big trouble and unless we start getting results quickly, we will go down. The Barnsley game will tell us if we have a chance, a repeat of last week will intensify the fans anger and despair, a win will change the mood.

Only DC will know what he will do if we are relegated. I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away, if he can get a buyer.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Better transport infrastructure, better concourses, parking etc

Closer to the M1, better training facilities next door

that's my 'hunch'

Well argued, and when I'm driving to Rotherham I often wonder about the waste ground near meadowhall. But Hillsboro re-sale value would not be that good. Hillboro has two good stands, we need two new stands. That's going to be significantly cheaper than moving to meadowhall?

Just now, Bob said:

When DC arrived we all spaffed ourselves believing we were minted and here comes the promised land. He has wasted millions on aged players on big wages and long contracts.

True

No point in having millions and millions if you just spaff it all away 

Look at that Carl geezer who won the lottery in the 2000's and bought cars and houses and coke and hookers and is now totally skint

There's a prime example of why considered and clever investment in the playing squad is key and not just spaffing money on whoever your advisors tell you to or whatever the reason was for buying Jordan Rhodes was at the time (ps I like Rhodes and want him to start banging em in to shut the haters up)

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit. 

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

Good idea lets go into liquidation

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

True

Look at that Carl geezer who won the lottery in the 2000's and bought cars and houses and coke and hookers and is now totally skint

There's a prime example of why considered and clever investment in the playing squad is key and not just spaffing money on whoever your advisors tell you to or whatever the reason was for buying Jordan Rhodes was at the time (ps I like Rhodes and want him to start banging em in to shut the haters up)

At least he didn't waste his money. lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

True

Well at least he spent his money wisely.

• Haha 1

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

You want him to strip the assets to get his money back then? 

You want us to go back to trying to break even? Which even Milan couldn't get us to do? 

You want us to wait goodness knows how long to find a buyer? These things take an absolute age to do!

You want to risk us ending up with an owner like Coventry? 

What you are saying is precisely the problem with football and society. 

We have a squad hammered by injuries, but lets just sell all the players we can, sack the rest, get new owners, just sack everything!!!!!!

How about, you realise football, business, LIFE, is a process about learning, improving and seeing out the rough times as well as enjoying the good times. 

Carlos has gone, many got their wish, now we give the new gaffer and process time. Not spend another year or more trying to find an owner whilst selling all our assets. 

Edited by WhiteOwl91

Guest Copthorneowl
8 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

You want him to strip the assets to get his money back then? 

You want us to go back to trying to break even? Which even Milan couldn't get us to do? 

You want us to wait goodness knows how long to find a buyer? These things take an absolute age to do!

You want to risk us ending up with an owner like Coventry? 

What you are saying is precisely the problem with football and society. 

We have a squad hammered by injuries, but lets just sell all the players we can, sack the rest, get new owners, just sack everything!!!!!!

How about, you realise football, business, LIFE, is a process about learning, improving and seeing out the rough times as well as enjoying the good times. 

Carlos has gone, many got their wish, now we give the new gaffer and process time. Not spend another year or more trying to find an owner whilst selling all our assets. 

Spot on.

What a load of proper Top Of The Range Bull Shi.....t ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Well, we go to the door and invite the next person in that's offering us millions of pounds. Oh wait................

Mr Chansiri in my opinion has Wednesdays best interests at heart. Does the OP?

Do you think he has his own interests at heart also?

Anyone who thinks he is investing all this money for the love of the club or fans needs a good head wobble.

I have no doubt what so ever he has fallen for the club and we are ALL appreciative for his dosh, but he is doing it to try and get to the head table.