CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You might have missed all the posts over the last two and a half years from people priced out of going to games mate.

Ps - if we were winning games you're right this thread doesn't exist

Have you seen the form table? Have you seen our league position? Have you seen our injury list? Have you seen the last result? Have you seen Abdi or George Hirst anywhere?

Not missed the point at all , 

Ive seen attendances increased with people buying into the increased revenue = better players 

Chansiri didn't and shouldn't have any influence over players training 

Carlos identified players Chansiri gave them to him despite your Doyen are pulling the strings nonsense theories

Chansiri put the new pitch in and improved the infrastructure

ps Not seen George Hirst no I expect hes still trying to get himself away from Hillsboro as quick as his old man wished he did . greed greed greed 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

Is this a wind up? I agree with some of it but asking him to go is a bit of a stretch

Edited by whatdial

Just now, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Well we don't know that to be honest. But lets see when we get promoted.

The only explanation for not investing heavily in the training ground is that there is a move ready to happen when we get promoted.

Mr Chansiri has spent a ton of ££££ over the time he's been with us and there's no reason to believe he'd not spend on the training ground if needed unless there was the option I've mentioned

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Dronowl66 said:

Different debate 

Carlos identified the targets Chansiri went and got them he has stated that times many , Doyen were one of his advisors ONE OF 

It's not a different debate at all mate

Anyway you seem to have all the facts so I'll leave you to enjoy them

Enjoy your doyen football

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's not a different debate at all mate

Anyway you seem to have all the facts so I'll leave you to enjoy them

Enjoy your doyen football

I'm only quoting whats in the public domain many times over 

Your assertion there are many Multi Millionaires sat in the wings just itching to take over when Chansiri has been hounded out is utter garbage 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The only explanation for not investing heavily in the training ground is that there is a move ready to happen when we get promoted.

Mr Chansiri has spent a ton of ££££ over the time he's been with us and there's no reason to believe he'd not spend on the training ground if needed unless there was the option I've mentioned

Well that's valid. But it doenst explain the assumption to move away from Hillsboro?

I like this. Proper reason debate!

2 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Well that's valid. But it doenst explain the assumption to move away from Hillsboro?

I like this. Proper reason debate!

Better transport infrastructure, better concourses, parking etc

Closer to the M1, better training facilities next door

that's my 'hunch'

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

If Wednesday do become another Blackburn or Blackpool or similar don't think you can blame the supporters for that.

Exactly

A chairman is as responsible for the success of the club as the manager is

I want Mr Chansiri to succeed btw - I don't' want him to go

But if he does there will be guaranteed people waiting to take over despite what the scaremongers will tell you

Owlstalk Shop

38 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

If Chansiri had as much cash as everyone thinks he has we wouldn’t still be training at Middlewood Road and we’d have a Cat 1 Academy, the only one in Yorkshire. 

Investment of this type is not restricted by FFP. 

He’s had a little flutter, it’s not worked out, and now he’s starting the process of strip back and sell ASAP. 

Plenty of evidence that a Cat 1 academy isn’t even desirable never mind achievable in the timeframe you’ve given.

As measures of the chairman’s resources go it’s pretty weak.