CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

This thread was too much. I topped myself last night. Drunk a bottle of vodka and took a bottle of pills. Slipped away in a coma.

RIP theowlsman.

Managed to find a way to communicate however.

It’s great on the other side btw. Just an alternative version of the previous universe you lot now live in.

Wednesday are sitting in second place in the Premiership, just a point behind Carlos’ Arsenal btw.

Oh yeah, and George Hirst is leading scorer for Man Utd with 27 goals.

Welcome to my world Owlsman..

Carlos has been warned by Arsenal Chairman Piers Morgan that Premiership and Champions league victory must be attained or he's getting the boot ...

I hear Graham Norton is going to be his replacement at end of the season 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you make similar points to the OP 

The OP has been crucified for saying it though

lol

Thanks for support Neil but having survived a bottle attack with 200 Owls at New Cross Gate after that 3-3 Millwall away game, this is just a good debate.

Ok , so if DC can learn / change how come Rhodes is AWOL and Kat's now off the Mat cutting / pasting her purile Charlton survey?

And for what? £55 tickets next season for , maybe , 3rd tier footy? Come on.

Hudders went up at £20 per game. It can be done, but without Doyen et al.

Now I have never met DC and he could be a great guy.  But have worked for his type, they are leopards.

(According to Jon Buchan on Radio Sheffield, he's a rich kid, all brass from Dad and we are his play thing).

So , let's turn to his investment because - relatively - it's nowt.

Forbes say his net personal worth 's $368 million, therefore his currrent Owls investment is around 20%  of his wealth.

I'm an old Owl git that moved to capital at 18 and have spent some £90,000 following the lads, often with London Owls.

With a net asset of a flat valued at £150,00 after motgage owing, plus two bob with Skipton BS, my Owls investment's at 60% . 

We have all put so much money and personal investment into this great club, we just want right owner / management / policies to take us back to promised land.

But I admit, it aint easy.

Edited by fred mciver
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, rickygoo said:

What a weird choice of words.

It's subjective. To tell someone to clear out when they've invested so much, smacks of ingratitude.

DC has made mistakes, but who hasn't. 

I suspect nobody was calling for DC to leave 6 months ago.

If the OP can step in, let's see it.

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

It's subjective. To tell someone to clear out when they've invested so much, smacks of ingratitude.

DC has made mistakes, but who hasn't. 

I suspect nobody was calling for DC to leave 6 months ago.

If the OP can step in, let's see it.

Come on mate, it's business for DC.

Where was his gratitude to Gray or Roeder?

Of course, we all make mistakes but it's learning from them (have you read that survey?).

If you mean step in with dosh to buy club, of course I can't.

But as indicated above, we've all on here invested much  more than DC, both relatively in money terms and emotionally.

But there'd  be no shortage of buyers after Woves , Watford Hudders success (and there's a Donny lass trying to buy Newcastle for £300 million, ie 15 %  of our current value).  

Edited by fred mciver

44 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Come on mate, it's business for DC.

Where was his gratitude to Gray or Roeder?

Of course, we all make mistakes but it's learning from them (have you read that survey?).

If you mean step in with dosh to buy club, of course I can't.

But as indicated above, we've all on here invested much  more than DC, both relatively in money terms and emotionally.

But there'd  be no shortage of buyers after Woves , Watford Hudders success (and there's a Donny lass trying to buy Newcastle for £300 million, ie 15 %  of our current value).  

As I said, it's subjective.

Where we're all these magic investors when MM was at the helm.

As for other clubs, its irrelevant, until the money is down, it's all talk. 

Weve all invested more emotionally, so what ?

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

As I said, it's subjective.

Where we're all these magic investors when MM was at the helm.

As for other clubs, its irrelevant, until the money is down, it's all talk. 

Weve all invested more emotionally, so what ?

And financially for fans, too.

According to my figures above, DC's  put in 20% of his net worth into club, me 60% over the years.

Yeah, it's investment talk but now there's  a clear pattern of funders buying Championship clubs cheap for promised land and EPL dosh.

Watford, Wolves (soon), Bournemouth, Southampton, Leicester for example.

Don't think we'd have a problem. But , also about executive skills not just cash. 

2 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

According to my figures above, DC's  put in 20% of his net worth into club, me 60% over the years.

Yeah, it's investment talk but now there's  a clear pattern of funders buying Championship clubs cheap for promised land and EPL dosh.

Don't think we'd have a problem. But , also about executive skills not just cash. 

This has been our downfall . No experienced football man working alongside DC. 

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

I see QPR and Forest didn't make your list, how much have Derby thrown at it ? They might succeed. They might. But if they do it this season, will it be because of a new owner ?

Persobal investment in your club is a given. You can't put a price on it.

On 05/02/2018 at 08:08, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

Enlightening... NOT! 

You don't speak for the vast majority of SWFC fans I am sure and thank cluck you don't.

Do the right thing you say to Mr Chansiri, how do you know what you are proposing is actually the right thing Mystic Meg?!

Absolutely laughable and no doubt one of these newish breed 'Tantrum in the Aisles Kicking and Screaming' kind of people, who believe that they've a god given right to get what THEY want. 

13 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I see QPR and Forest didn't make your list, how much have Derby thrown at it ? They might succeed. They might. But if they do it this season, will it be because of a new owner ?

Persobal investment in your club is a given. You can't put a price on it.

Valid points mate but owners of those 3 clubs show same characteristics as DC- massive ego, control freaks, for profit not footy, seals as executive colleagues.

Derby guy make be a bit different as he has considerable soccer experience - but looks like they may go up now.

I did put a price on my following OWLS, that figure I quoted above was fully costed (travelling mainly from London so above average).

That said, I chose to pay like DC elected to invest in Owls.

Relative to our income, all of us on here have probably invested more money in Owls than DC has. Not to mention emotions.

• Like 1

On February 5, 2018 at 20:15, matt_johno43 said:

For the record my only interaction with DC is I shook his hand at Fulham away lasts season I do not know the man at all and this is an assumption, he strikes me as a man who wants to have a very hands on approach to running the club and does not want to relinquish control to too many but if you are trusted by him he does so fully and 100%.

Matt, two points:

1) I feel there's a risk your deduction was too literal.

2) That's some handshake.