Jump to content

Joey Pelupessy


Recommended Posts

3 games in...

 

Off the pace v Reading (understandable)

A lot better v Boro

Poor yesterday- often caught wrong side, very little impact on the game. 

 

So far although he looks reasonably neat and tidy, he hasn't really tried to impose himself on a game- he's played it very safe.

 

It's VERY early days, but I'm sure there are players in League One with the ability to play that position effectively for us who would come without the added complication  of settling in a new country and adapting to English football.

 

He has been thrown in at the deep end and maybe we're expecting/needing a little bit too much, too soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

3 games in...

 

Off the pace v Reading (understandable)

A lot better v Boro

Poor yesterday- often caught wrong side, very little impact on the game. 

 

So far although he looks reasonably neat and tidy, he hasn't really tried to impose himself on a game- he's played it very safe.

 

It's VERY early days, but I'm sure there are players in League One with the ability to play that position effectively for us who would come without the added complication  of settling in a new country and adapting to English football.

 

He has been thrown in at the deep end and maybe we're expecting/needing a little bit too much, too soon.

But our scouts only seem to like scouting in the sunnier climes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, s6 owl said:

They lost 1-0 probably just a typical fan view exaggerating a new signings performance on his debut

Time will tell, but I'd rather we'd signed a player who played 21 times for a promoted side last season given our current predicament- I suspect finances would have been a stumbling block anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Time will tell, but I'd rather we'd signed a player who played 21 times for a promoted side last season given our current predicament- I suspect finances would have been a stumbling block anyway.

We signed someone better, someone who started 33 games in the premier league last season - George Boyd.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

We signed someone better, someone who started 33 games in the premier league last season - George Boyd.

I'm.talking about in January, we needed a holding midfielder, Forest signed Colback, we signed Joey P. Sounds like Colback has hit the ground running at Forest where as we're all saying Joey needs time to settle etc.  We don't have that time given our current state.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...