A12owl

Are we "the fans" entitled to information on the injuries?

1 minute ago, Will69 said:

Legally your employee doesn’t have to disclose any exact illness information with you other than they are going to be away sick within the company policy of when to report they will be ill and who to report that to. It is often in the best interests of the employee to disclose that illness information but you as an employer don’t legally have a right to know exactly what the illness is.

As custodian of personal information as an employer you would potentially be breaching data protection by disclosing personal information given to you by your employee, to a third party, without their consent.

Bingo, it is not detailed information about the condition, it is just rough guidelines as to a likely return date. Other clubs have done it. Watford was supposedly putting out such information (though I have only read that on here and not seen it myself as I do not have the urge to peruse another club's official website). Many companies announce when a certain employee will be absent on maternity or paternity leave. By your argument, that is private information as well but then that would be getting petty.

Yes i think we should be but it didnt happen in CCs tenure and doesnt seem to be now, pretty poor by the club , we do pay good money and give good support, being kept in the cold is not playing the game imo

• Agree 1

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Bingo, it is not detailed information about the condition, it is just rough guidelines as to a likely return date. Other clubs have done it. Watford was supposedly putting out such information (though I have only read that on here and not seen it myself as I do not have the urge to peruse another club's official website). Many companies announce when a certain employee will be absent on maternity or paternity leave. By your argument, that is private information as well but then that would be getting petty.

Like I said posts ago, the club has the right to say “player X is injured and will be out” and the player has the right to privacy beyond that. Fans literally have no “entitlement” to any further information.

You're not very good at this.

1 minute ago, Will69 said:

You're not very good at this.

Maybe I have just got a different line of reasoning to yourself and believe that information regarding longevity of injuries and likely return dates are acceptable territory. I have no interest whether Daveyboy has a ACL injury nor would I ask that question.

giphy.gif

The club are missing out on a golden PR exercise IMO

At Christmas, the players go visit kids in hospital, so ...

Why not round up some kids to go visit our injured players?  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Maybe I have just got a different line of reasoning to yourself and believe that information regarding longevity of injuries and likely return dates are acceptable territory. I have no interest whether Daveyboy has a ACL injury nor would I ask that question.

But you DO want to know more information. If the club says “a player is injured” and that player has an ongoing chronic condition that means there is no fair assessment of when they will return then they would more than likely not want that being public for fear of putting off potential sponsors or future employers, for example. Switch it the other way around, would you like your employer to tell your future employer about the fact you have a mental health issue that may not even affect your future employer? No. Footballers are no different and have the same level of right to privacy as you. If the club says they are injured they are injured, get over it.

And, if I were you I’d check up on your legalilties regards being an employer and things such as data protection and data handling. ‘China’ bit of your name is coming across as quite apt.

4 minutes ago, Brammy said:

There used to be an 'Injury Update' section on the website many moons ago:

IMG_2587.PNG

Yes, I remember the 'injury and suspension' section on the official website letting us know what was going on behind the scenes. I was going to make the point, but you beat me to it and with 'evidence' !

So what's changed and why aren't we kept informed today ?

Are we, the fans, not considered as being as significant these days ?

No we’re not entitled to that, and anyway what difference would it make?

Plus, we have information. Jos has specifically said how many days people trained with the team, when they’ve been with the medical staff and when they’ve had setbacks.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

The club are missing out on a golden PR exercise IMO

At Christmas, the players go visit kids in hospital, so ...

Why not round up some kids to go visit our injured players?   giphy.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^So far this is the funniest post of 2018...

closed  eyes and imagine some kid walking up to Bannan looking down at him and asking 

So what's up with you then ? 

Banan replies Pìss off kid .....

kid replies ooooh a "little krankie" aren't we today ?

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^So far this is the funniest post of 2018...

closed  eyes and imagine some kid walking up to Bannan looking down at him and asking 

Please can we have a spitting out coffee all over the keyboard emote ?? Nuff said I think lol lol 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

muhahahahahahahahahahhaaa

• Thanks 1

Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Just another stick to hit the club with.

The club try to interact with the clubs fans through a Q&A session, and the club get slated by the regular moaners.

The club issue a survey to judge what the fanes want, ad they get slated by the usual 'Regualar' moaners.

The club get damned when they do, and Damned when they don't.

FFS!, Chansiri is trying to interact with the fans, and yet a minority chose to have a dig at him.

It would serve these fans right if Chansiri said "rounduns" to all that hassle I am off and sell the club to 1st charlatan that came along.

You just cannot please some people.

Yes  he has made mistakes, and I get that, I also get the feeling that he has learned from those mistakes, one of them being that he tried to please the fans.

Hopefully he will, from now, do what HE thinks is in the best interest of his investment in this club and do the right thing to build the business up

It's just asking for the club to keep the fans informed. I don't see why they cannot tell us. It cannot do any harm. It can only be good relations with the fans. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Suppose you knew what the injuries were, what good would it do? 

There would be absolutely nothing we could do about it but it would just prove that the club want to keep giving their paying customers a bit of information 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Will69 said:

Short answer...

NO.

Short question...

WHY?

We should have details about Lees,Lee, Forestieri, Hutchinson, Hooper & Fletcher. The only ones we’ve heard about are Bannan & Westwood & the news about them isn’t good. I would also like an opinion on the reasons for these injuries. No one is that unlucky

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Will69 said:

Legally your employee doesn’t have to disclose any exact illness information with you other than they are going to be away sick within the company policy of when to report they will be ill and who to report that to. It is often in the best interests of the employee to disclose that illness information but you as an employer don’t legally have a right to know exactly what the illness is.

As custodian of personal information as an employer you would potentially be breaching data protection by disclosing personal information given to you by your employee, to a third party, without their consent.

Slightly different in a football club. Most clubs to my knowledge release information  of players injury and length of time they will be unavailable.

Our weekly injury report will be like War and Peace it will be soon long.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, debram said:

Yes i think we should be but it didnt happen in CCs tenure and doesnt seem to be now, pretty poor by the club , we do pay good money and give good support, being kept in the cold is not playing the game imo

I did make similar thread when CC was here. It's the club's responsibility regardless of who the manager is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steveger said:

nope...

Sure?

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Slightly different in a football club. Most clubs to my knowledge release information  of players injury and length of time they will be unavailable.

Our weekly injury report will be like War and Peace it will be soon long.

Football clubs operate as any other business, so it isn't different.  Might be interesting to know but we don't have the right to know.  And it would spoil the conspiracy theorists fun if all they had was facts.