Was it fixed?

34 minutes ago, Plonk said:

A big accusation I know, but I’m sat here this morning wondering if I have ever seen so many bizzare incidents in one game. I just can’t find a rational explanation for some of the things that happened yesterday. 

Looking at the red card on tv one has to question why the ref and lino thought it was a red for one player and not for the other.

Yesterday throughout the championship the standard of reffing was a joke the sooner VAR comes down the leagues the better some of these jokers are killing the game.

For the first time in my zillion years watching Wednesday I did ask myself that very question after half an hour yesterday. I genuinely could not believe how badly Fox, Butters, Fred and Wildsmith were playing.

I think we are looking too closely at the ref’s influence. The guys that influenced the outcome yesterday wore blue and white.

But no, the game was not fixed. We were just staggeringly bad.

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Looking at the red card on tv one has to question why the ref and lino thought it was a red for one player and not for the other.

Yesterday throughout the championship the standard of reffing was a joke the sooner VAR comes down the leagues the better some of these jokers are killing the game.

VAR was used in the Rennes v PSG game last week and a bad tackle incident was sorted in 30 seconds, resulting in a red that otherwise couldn’t fairly have been given. And the injured player was down for 3 minutes so no time was wasted.

Apparently it was the same ref we had against Derby who gave a penalty and sent Loovens off but totally did the opposite with a similar situation at the other end involving Fletcher.

Yesterday you’ve got an incident where it’s two yellows or two reds. There’s no way it’s a red card for one player.

When you see decisions like the ones we are seeing, it’s natural that fans, players and managers are going to get angry and frustrated but nothing will change because the officials will never be held accountable in the same way other football professionals seem

to held?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Apparently it was the same ref we had against Derby who gave a penalty and sent Loovens off but totally did the opposite with a similar situation at the other end involving Fletcher.

Yesterday you’ve got an incident where it’s two yellows or two reds. There’s no way it’s a red card for one player.

When you see decisions like the ones we are seeing, it’s natural that fans, players and managers are going to get angry and frustrated but nothing will change because the officials will never be held accountable in the same way other football professionals are?

Really ?

Now that is interesting ecause he was a joke in that game too.

Edited by TaxiMark

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

A big accusation I know, but I’m sat here this morning wondering if I have ever seen so many bizzare incidents in one game. I just can’t find a rational explanation for some of the things that happened yesterday. 

No mate. It was just a combination of a young keeper’s mistakes, poor officiating and a team with fragile confidence after recently have a run of the worse performances for over two years. 

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

My daughter thought it was one of the most exciting matches she's been to. For all the wrong reasons. 

PS: She doesn't really understand football. 

If she likes seeing teams lose you might wanna get her a season ticket down at the proact next year mate

my Lad is 12 now but i remember 3 seasons ago when he was 9/10, we was travelling to a game and he was calling Scott Duncan the 'worst ref, who cheats' even back then. 

Ive seen nowt in the 3 years since to think he is wrong.

Scott Duncan, hang your head in shame for being such a cheating van/car. nowt anyone says will make me change my mind. 

destroy everything he loves. (quote from my then 9 year old)

I've got a feeling things like this need to happen, so we can learn from them.

It might turn out to be a positive.

In terms of league experience, Pelupessy was way off the pace and when your bedding in a young keeper, its natural that your aim isn't to achieve top 6. Look at Evertons backward trend since allowing Pickford the oppurtunity. 

Butterfield, Loovens shouldn't really play again for us.

And Fox, still has alot of potential, I wouldn't want to bin him off, like most do 

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Referees have always been against technology and we all know why, it shows that they are a set of incompetent self important prats. This has been known for years