Was it fixed?

A big accusation I know, but I’m sat here this morning wondering if I have ever seen so many bizzare incidents in one game. I just can’t find a rational explanation for some of the things that happened yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Funny, I said that. 

Did our players have a bet on?

Were they collaborating with the ref?

There were enough bloopers in that first half to fill a whole blooper program on DAVE 

possibly with the highlights sped up a bit and the Benny Hill music playing!

23 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

My daughter thought it was one of the most exciting matches she's been to. For all the wrong reasons. 

PS: She doesn't really understand football. 

You ought to get her an owlstalk log in. She'd be in good company :biggrin:

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was fixed, but you certainly have to wonder if certain officials show bias for or against certain clubs. Or maybe it's because they're just utterly incompetent. 

That ref yesterday was the one who refused to give us a blatant penalty at Derby, which even the Derby manager admitted should have been awarded and they should have been down to 10 - after he'd given them a pen and sent Loovens off. The ref told Fletcher he'd seen the push but he shouldn't have gone down. Yet Pudil got a yellow yesterday for laying a hand on their keeper who threw himself to the ground. 

The same ref also sent Forestieri off against Preston last season, again on the say so of a linesman,  although that was actually the correct decision. 

Fact of the day - in the last 4 games that Scott Duncan has reffed at Hillsborough, he's shown 7 red cards.  3 for us and 4 for the opposition.