This Survey

30 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

It is absolutely embarrassing this. I assume it is the work of the highly esteemed Meire, with DC adding in his usual nonsense. 

Some of the questions are baffling. As if more than one thing can't exist together and there is an easy answer to all of our problems. 

I don't know what planet people are living on behind the scenes at SWFC. 

It's like a survey a kid would put together at school

CEO - ( competition law graduate ) and it bloody shows

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

New? It’s nearly 3 years now. 

How many more wee wee tail ups? It simply isn’t getting any better. 

There doesn’t seem any painless way out of this and all the evidence is that it’s going to get worse before inevitably, and eventually, it will get better. 

Hope I am still alive to see it. 

New as in his first two years were reasonably successful and he had no reason to believe he was doing anything wrong.  Most of us saw the decline in season 2, even with a mainly fit squad, and yet we were still reasonably successful and you can forgive him for still thinking he must have been getting something right.  The truth has well and truly hit home this season and this is when he needs to learn lessons.  So, although he has been here for 2 1/2 seasons, he has only had this season so far to realise that he is getting a lot of things wrong and is paying the price.  Hence the somewhat panicky kneejerk reactions to criticism.  The acid test is whether or not he learns from his experience so far and is not convinced, or does not convince himself, that all of the problems we have seen building are exclusively due to the number of injured players. 

Whether we like it or not, how we do next season will probably dertermine how good a chairman he will be and everyone will have their own personal opinion of which way it is going to go.  As supporters we have no option but to get behind the team and hope that he gets it right.  That's the reality of modern football ownership.

Crazy as it sounds, it may have panned out better if this season had been his first.  At least then he would have been in no doubt about how steep the learning curve was going to be.

Edited by CrazyDazy1976

Think in some ways it might be a blessing in disguise we did not beat Hull at Wembley.

If we went up and had the huge financial windfall I wouldn't trust the club to have spent it wisely and could be in a far worst position then now.

Although if had time over again would still say I wanted a win that day and worry about the other stuff later.

So the gist of the survey is if we want promotion the fans have to pay for it.

Tell me if I missed this but if the fans are paying for the investment with higher ticket prices, rip off merchandise and general shoddy service in all aspects of the club. Should we get promotion to the premier league who will get the £100m turning up fee and all the money from parachute payments does that go to the fans investing their money to get to the Premier League or does it go to the guy who owns the club but want the fans to pay for it.

If DC has no intention of paying for the team then sell the club to someone who will, I bet there is a lot of takers for the Owls as the currently are - with the right man in charge with any business acumen we could be a gold mine, but with the wrong person in charge with fools around him pricing merchandise too high and tickets at London prices in Sheffield, buying over the hill players looking for one last big payday and turning down silly money for players that then spend 6 months out injured I can imagine that person not making too much from things.

I don't think the fans should pay any more for the chairman to waste, everyone makes some mistakes but the amount made over the last 2 years you would think this is the first business he has ever owned. The funny think is when you are in property the one thing you have is legal council on retainer and everything you do is written to a contract, so to enter a contract with a company to provide a service at a pre-agreed price, for a certain time should be a slam dunk for someone in the property business - So DC what exactly didn't get done with the shirts then.

3 hours ago, modboy said:

Wolves bought players they needed, we bought players we didn't need who didn't improve us

I said this about 18 months ago we have not signed the players we need we signed the players made available to us from 'DC advisors'.

Who ever has been doing the recruitment since Roeder left needs taking out side and firing on the spot for 4 transfer windows it has been apathy 

8 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

As if more than one thing can't exist together and there is an easy answer to all of our problems. 

Exactly. Some of the questions are impossible to answer (e.g. Q11) - the best answer to selling key players is to make the best decision based on the plethora of variables available at the time. Instead, it's we sell the players or we do not - all or nothing - the fans can answer these questions but a decision as to sell a player (and what players to sell) is something that requires delicate consideration of all the details, and the fans can't do this - a simple all or nothing approach doesn't work, but it seems that's what fans are asked to decide? We did what you want so sorry if it's gone wrong, your decision.

We need to work hard to make the best use of available funds in whatever way we possibly can, that's all.

Edited by jomaco

47 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Yet their fans still pay less than us for tickets. 

Just saying. 

Football league club in not completely ripping off its fans with ticket prices shocker.

Don’t the hierarchy at Wolves know that they’re not going to get anywhere without charging Champions League prices, for second tier football like we do.

Oh hang on...

If the mood music is that the route to success is to buy it, why doesn't the survey offer you the option to double present ticket prices, or triple them?

If you are owned and run by people who don't get the organic nature of your club, one with a great history, involved in a sport which is as much art as science...or business, a community and people based solid Yorkshire institution, then the thinking is likely to be utilitarian.

More money automatically means success, with no consideration of all the bits in between.

Really?

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this survey and how the results of it are shared with the fans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

I said this about 18 months ago we have not signed the players we need we signed the players made available to us from 'DC advisors'.

Who ever has been doing the recruitment since Roeder left needs taking out side and firing on the spot for 4 transfer windows it has been apathy 

Proven by Carlos playing none of the newbies in the playoffs a year after Wembley

Edited by modboy