This Survey

7 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Why does the question read like bringing youngsters through and investing in established players are mutually exclusive ? Doe he not think a blend of the 2 can achieve success ? I'm not knocking Chansiri but I'm sorry I whole heartedly believe even with the best intentions he's too clueless to execute them .

I wonder what the academy staff and players thought of that statement? Its not exactly a resounding endorsement of the work and effort they are putting in. But like you i want to see players from the academy come in and do well.

49 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Agree with the majority of that but not the food and drink bit.

Prior to this coming in house, the majority of fans complained about the standard of food, the standard of staff serving the food, the pricing, the queues etc.

Not saying it's particularly any better, but I don't think going back to this would be an improvement. 

Don't go back to what didn't work but would fans complain if there was a Biers stand at Hillsborough, would a Costa coffee operate better than the current fast food stand, if a Westerspoon's was in the main stand would the service be quicker than it currently is.

You go to the Dog track at Owlerton over the summer and they have a device that services 6 pints at the same time. If you use other peoples expertise but take a cut of the profits the club save on labour costs, buying and managing costs such as stock and let others do the work taking a cut. 

I would be interest to see what the likes of the premiership teams do, whether they have these things in house or outsourced.  

On 04/02/2018 at 10:44, Beauchief Owl said:

Any attempt to increase prices next season will be a disaster IMO. DC can not expect the fans to pay for his bad investments and the horrendous way in which money has been squandered over the last couple of years. 

but a lot championed it, and didn't slate it when it happened.

12 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I really think you ought to research price elasticity before posting further

OK t accept that the phrase common law of business was wrong and there are circumstances when small  price reductions alone does not alter demand. 

But I do believe that a meaningful reduction in standard ticket prices for normal league games would result in more tickets sold whether that would reduce or increase total matchday revenue is another matter.

I do know that despite being  comfortably well off the prices at Hillsborough mean that I no longer visit Hillsborough as I used to do. I just don't think standard league games are value for money. If the prices were meaningfully reduced (say 25%)  you can be assured my own demand for matchday tickets would increase and I suspect I would not be alone. 

On 04/02/2018 at 10:06, Tyto Alba said:

The club will just do whatever it wants but will argue that the survey gives them a mandate to do it and that they are consulting the fans.  Nobody will be able to prove them wrong.

Sounds a bit like any Sheffield City Council consultation process

21 minutes ago, Geedee said:

OK t accept that the phrase common law of business was wrong and there are circumstances when small  price reductions alone does not alter demand. 

But I do believe that a meaningful reduction in standard ticket prices for normal league games would result in more tickets sold whether that would reduce or increase total matchday revenue is another matter.

I do know that despite being  comfortably well off the prices at Hillsborough mean that I no longer visit Hillsborough as I used to do. I just don't think standard league games are value for money. If the prices were meaningfully reduced (say 25%)  you can be assured my own demand for matchday tickets would increase and I suspect I would not be alone. 

It's the POTG tickets that need reducing.

A fiver uplift over ST prices per game would he acceptable imo

7 hours ago, Mr Meadows said:

this... 'ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the premier league'.. i'd like the club to expand on this before completing, as that means nothing

This is the bit that got me...

Do they mean they planned this clusterfuq or keep paying the highest prices whilst we recover and fuq it up again in 3 years time once players contracts have expired?

8 hours ago, CrazyDazy1976 said:

Totally agree.  I guess he is new to all this and, hopefully, he will get it right in the end.  Seems an honest open guy who wants the best for the club.

New? It’s nearly 3 years now. 

How many more wee wee tail ups? It simply isn’t getting any better. 

There doesn’t seem any painless way out of this and all the evidence is that it’s going to get worse before inevitably, and eventually, it will get better. 

Hope I am still alive to see it. 

How is playing teams like Bournemouth, West Brom, Brighton, Burnley or Watford any better or worst than playing Norwich, Brentford, Cardiff etc?

For me, the main driving factor in wanting us to get to the Premier League is that potentially if finances are managed right, the cash injection into the club’s infrastructure could secure its future for many year to come.

Without the financial element, I’m honestly not fussed weather we play in the Championship or Premier League.

• Like 1

It is absolutely embarrassing this. I assume it is the work of the highly esteemed Meire, with DC adding in his usual nonsense. 

Some of the questions are baffling. As if more than one thing can't exist together and there is an easy answer to all of our problems. 

I don't know what planet people are living on behind the scenes at SWFC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1