This Survey

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The issue hasn't been how much we've spent

It's how we've wasted money by mismanaging players, not getting them fit/training properly etc

The issue is more about who we’ve spent it on. 

Surprised that you are banging the lack of fitness drum Neil, you are in and around the club and see/have seen what goes off, I don’t recall you banging it prior to CC’s departure (and Jos’s arrival)?

Edited by AwokenGiant

People look back at the PL past attendances in a nostalgic way.

Last time we were in the prem we were getting similar crowds as now (if not less). The main impact on attendances is poor away followings in the championship, and areas of the ground being closed off. Plus we used to be generous with free school tickets etc.

The main factor re attendances is enjoyment. Personally can't remember the last S6 match I enjoyed, perhaps forest months ago. Instead we have to endure torture watching naff teams such as Burton and Birmingham tear us apart in our own back yard. 

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The issue hasn't been how much we've spent

It's how we've wasted money by mismanaging players, not getting them fit/training properly etc

Testing them badly due to personal differences to the detriment of the club  .

Why does the question read like bringing youngsters through and investing in established players are mutually exclusive ? Doe he not think a blend of the 2 can achieve success ? I'm not knocking Chansiri but I'm sorry I whole heartedly believe even with the best intentions he's too clueless to execute them .

2 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

Surprised that you are banging the lack of fitness drum Neil, you are in and around the club and see/have seen what goes off, I don’t recall you banging it prior to CC’s departure (and Jos’s arrival)?

Have been posting ting about it probably before anyone else to be fair mate and repeatedly since

Also been saying for a while that some ‘injuries’ aren’t injuries 

Think that was partially covered at the fans forum by the Chairman recently 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Have been posting ting about it probably before anyone else to be fair mate and repeatedly since

Fair do’s, my mistake. 

2 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Why does the question read like bringing youngsters through and investing in established players are mutually exclusive ? Doe he not think a blend of the 2 can achieve success ? I'm not knocking Chansiri but I'm sorry I whole heartedly believe even with the best intentions he's too clueless to execute them .

?

It's understandable to want to get past the colourful but unrepresentative views on social media by surveying the actual paying fan base.

But I just wish they'd get on with running the club instead of trying to ask the fans everything. The board and the management are getting paid to set the strategy. I'm not an expert and I'm not privvy to all of the information.

Do your job properly guys and I'll turn up. That's my role.

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In fairness Neil I posted after last seasons poor start and the fact we looked 3 yards off the pace in ever game until November lol

3 hours ago, Owl999 said:

I'm not knocking him for the way he has invested but the he's clueless as to how to progress the club 

Totally agree.  I guess he is new to all this and, hopefully, he will get it right in the end.  Seems an honest open guy who wants the best for the club.

Edited by CrazyDazy1976
Posted to early

I've closed it down, didn't finish the survey.

Mr Chansiri just isn't listening at the moment. Do I want cheaper tickets and less investment in the team, or expensive tickets and continued investment in the team? Neither Mr Chansiri, I want you to stop pishing money away and actually make sounder investments. But of course, that isn't an option on the survey!

• Like 1

How is it that clubs like Huddersfield, Preston, Sheff Utd manage to produce good team above where they should be in the league but get gates a lot less than us and don't shell out Millions on fees pre-Premiership.

The simple answer is the clubs are run correctly, youth is given a chance and the loan markets are used very well.

If next season we went back to £500 for a season ticket and it meant the likes of Abdi, Matias, Fletcher, Hooper, Fessi etc were have to be sold then so be it. I would much rather see a team that go out there and play for the shirt, mixed in with players who have come from the local area or we have loan from the premier league.

Or here is an idea in 3 years we have sold no corporate boxes there are 28 boxes and this season price is £48,000 selling the boxes at just £20,000 a season would have generate £1.7m in the last 3 years. We don't currently have a shirt sponsor on DC, the same goes for the stadium  even if we only got £500,000 for a season of shirt sponsorship this again is £1.5m we have not got in. Add to this naming rights for the stadium this could have generate anything up to a few million a season so let say £1m a season or £3m so far..

By running the club better with no other changes we could have had an extra £6.2m in, add to that selling pitch and stand advertising i.e. not the director name everywhere and we could have had £10m more in the club now.

By getting external company's to run the half time food, drink and charging a 20% club split on takings for it, we could have used their experience to get them making money and giving better value for service but at the same time get more money in that the services are currently losing. We could the same with the megastore and also not make the same mistakes we did with the shirts - 5 yr old kids could have handled the situation better.

All of these ideas would increase turnover without fleecing the fans but none have been done - only the club know why.

Yes the fans should get better treatment and pay less but if the club was run better maybe some of the changes would not be needed. I think DC is in over his head and instead of trying to sort and improve FFP will be the excuse for everything.

Ticket prices should be sensible so that working families of the community can go to games, end of. Build your business model around that. I like Chansiri but the brainwashing of 'ticket prices must be high to get players' is a nonsense. If it means we have to sell players now and again (like every club in the world) then that is fine. That's called football, bids come in and players move on, we just need better recruitment so we can bring a player in and build their value up rather than getting a player whose value will fall whilst at the club. Once the players value is high and a top 10 PL club comes in then yes sell, there's nothing wrong with selling players as long as you have a long term plan of how to replace that player.

So to sum up, ticket prices increasing to ridiculous levels shouldn't be on the table when your club is in the championship. Prices should be capped and youngsters free. I want Hillsborough to be here forever for generations to come, not just spend and spend with no plan then get relegated and sell everyone like Hull or Sunderland. You have to build slowly like Burnley, Stoke, West Brom. Go Up, get relegated, re-organize and learn and then go back up and stay up. We need a long term plan within the whole club not just PL as quickly as possible as that won't work. Even if we go up, we'll be back before you know it with no academy and buying strategy.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

How is it that clubs like Huddersfield, Preston, Sheff Utd manage to produce good team above where they should be in the league but get gates a lot less than us and don't shell out Millions on fees pre-Premiership.

The simple answer is the clubs are run correctly, youth is given a chance and the loan markets are used very well.

If next season we went back to £500 for a season ticket and it meant the likes of Abdi, Matias, Fletcher, Hooper, Fessi etc were have to be sold then so be it. I would much rather see a team that go out there and play for the shirt, mixed in with players who have come from the local area or we have loan from the premier league.

Or here is an idea in 3 years we have sold no corporate boxes there are 28 boxes and this season price is £48,000 selling the boxes at just £20,000 a season would have generate £1.7m in the last 3 years. We don't currently have a shirt sponsor on DC, the same goes for the stadium  even if we only got £500,000 for a season of shirt sponsorship this again is £1.5m we have not got in. Add to this naming rights for the stadium this could have generate anything up to a few million a season so let say £1m a season or £3m so far..

By running the club better with no other changes we could have had an extra £6.2m in, add to that selling pitch and stand advertising i.e. not the director name everywhere and we could have had £10m more in the club now.

By getting external company's to run the half time food, drink and charging a 20% club split on takings for it, we could have used their experience to get them making money and giving better value for service but at the same time get more money in that the services are currently losing. We could the same with the megastore and also not make the same mistakes we did with the shirts - 5 yr old kids could have handled the situation better.

All of these ideas would increase turnover without fleecing the fans but none have been done - only the club know why.

Yes the fans should get better treatment and pay less but if the club was run better maybe some of the changes would not be needed. I think DC is in over his head and instead of trying to sort and improve FFP will be the excuse for everything.

Agree with the majority of that but not the food and drink bit.

Prior to this coming in house, the majority of fans complained about the standard of food, the standard of staff serving the food, the pricing, the queues etc.

Not saying it's particularly any better, but I don't think going back to this would be an improvement.