This Survey

So I completed the survey yesterday.

I am not one to complain about ticket prices and so forth as I do want to see us reach the PL asap. The longer we are out of the PL the more ground we lose IMO. 

However, lets say the survey comes back and the majority stated that they wanted lower ticket prices at the cost of taking a more moderate approach to promotion. 

Would you accept it? aka another 5 plus years building a team slowly looking for promotion?

Just a thought really as this is what you are asking to happen if you are moaning about prices. Personally, I am sick of playing teams like Norwich, Brentford, Burton, Cardiff and Preston. 

Edited by CF83OWL

How is this season's high priced tickets working out for a promotion push this season. People keep saying that teams that spend a lot don't guarantee promotion. Fans spending on high tickets doesn't mean we will watching high quality players. I have a season ticket have done for over 10 years but I don't see how a survey that appears to give you one choice will clear anything up as the statement of pay a lot doesn't mean you will get a better product especially in football 

Edited by tomassOwl84
Stupid phone

Or alternatively we can have the highest prices in the division and play teams like Norwich, Brentford, Burton, Cardiff and Preston.

How about we charge everyone a grand for a season ticket so we can continue to pay silly wages to players the wrong side of 30.

7 minutes ago, soultime said:

its not about investment, its about good recruitment on lower budget, many teams have gone this route with success

Good recruitment with a higher budget would give us a higher chance if succss!

Look at Wolves!!

Not really my business as a Charlton fan, but tyto alba on here is a good perceptive poster. If you think this rather amateurish survey will matter to Katrien Meire then follow it up and press her on it.

To me it is exactly like the tokenism she flailed around with before. Katrien serves the owner, you, the fans, are a quaint backdrop and beyond your money she cares not a jot for you.

It's about spending money wisely, and managing said signings fitness correctly.

Whether it's Doyen, the Chairman or Carlos responsible, the last 3 years transfers have been a clusterfuck.

Trying to hide this behind the red herring of ticket prices is just embarrassing.

32 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

The club will just do whatever it wants but will argue that the survey gives them a mandate to do it and that they are consulting the fans.  Nobody will be able to prove them wrong.

Bang on pal. That is exactly the point of this survey. It doesn't have to be an either or question, but when very few (I hope) accept no investment no promotion, that means the majority have opted for higher prices, which is what they want so they can say "The fans voted for it". What the majority of us surely want is better wiser investment, where the right player can be brought in for the right price, that wants to play for the shirt not the money. The question is ridiculous, it is like asking "would you rather shoot your son or your daughter?" You wouldn't answer that, so don't answer this, it's what they are trying to get you to say that you should worry about. I don't even think that they want option 2!

Edited by S Cops Owl