Jordan Thorniley..

Okay, he only needed to walk onto the pitch to do better than the rest of the players, but when he came on he showed us what we have been missing at the back. Just wants to win the ball, athletic and puts in a tackle - and has a gob on him, trying to organise those around him. 

Puts others to shame. And he cost us nowt.

Only the second time I've seen him play, but the lad has impressed me.

1 minute ago, chrisf said:

Okay, he only needed to walk onto the pitch to do better than the rest of the players, but when he came on he showed us what we have been missing at the back. Just wants to win the ball, athletic and puts in a tackle - and has a gob on him, trying to organise those around him. 

He should have started imo

2 minutes ago, chrisf said:

Would you put him ahead of van ak when he returns? 

Thorniley did absolutely nothing wrong up at Boro so i was very disappointed JL didn't play him from the start. 

Hate to say it and it's only my opinion but if we keep playing Loovens, Fox and Butterfield then we will be looking over our shoulders  nervously until the last game of the season.

If we don't then we will be fine.

1 minute ago, hirstysboots said:

Thorniley, Venancio and Pudil have looked ok as a back 3. Loovens is not up to it anymore, and for the club captain to stomp off down the tunnel after being substituted is a disgrace. 

Why is it? It shows he still cares even if he's not up to it any more. Getting hauled off after 30mins is a clear sign the boss thinks you're the issue. Him going down the tunnel gives him a chance to get his head right before ht

Thorniley should play the rest of the season now, shown he’s good enough and certainly isn’t much of a challenge from Loovens right now 

I’d argue Neilson should get games aswell 

Thorniley played at left back while at Rochdale.

Just a thought.

Or play Palmer at left back with Hunt or Clare at right back and put Fox in the middle with Thorniley and Venancio.

Or leave Fox at left back and play Neilson, Venancio , Thorniley as the 3?

How about this for a team at Barnsley:

WILDSMITH

PALMER  NEILSON    VENANCIO   THORMILEY    FOX

PUSSYCAT

HUNT/CLARE      BOYD          REACH(c)

JOAO 

Lots of energy in midfield and attacking possibilities.

Edited by adelphi1867