Let’s face the truth

We were promised promotion this season, due to injuries to key players this isn’t going to happen. 

At at the moment we are struggling to put out a competitive side, with today’s suspensions things are only going to get worse.

we have to wright off this season now, blood some of the youngsters and start some serious planning for next year. 

What have have we got to lose?

I said I months ago. I got negged, but our form was relegation form for 30 odd games. It's got worse since then. When will our fans, board, players, staff, who flipping ever, realise the mess we are in and make changes.

Said it beginning or December. I still genuinely didn't think we'd go on this bad a run. Our form is woeful! 

The only thing I think may save us from relegation is 3 teams being worse than us. Not us fighting or deservingly staying up. Just the best of a bad bunch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Almat said:

I'm afraid CC told us we were getting promoted. It's on record. 

You'll have to point out the bit where he say's "I promise to get you promoted this year" because I only recall him saying we'll do everything we can to get promoted.

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

You'll have to point out the bit where he say's "I promise to get you promoted this year" because I only recall him saying we'll do everything we can to get promoted.

I'm sure someone will know. 

PS Clue - I think you may be getting your CCs and DCs mixed up...

Edited by Almat

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

TBF he did say numerous times that we will be promoted. And that is when I were 100% convinced he was a bullshitter

Just now, Almat said:

I think it's just evolved into a promise in the minds of some......

That said, I wish he'd said nothing because regardless it hasn't helped. I could live with us f*****g it up when we had now't, this is somehow so much worse!! 

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

We were not promised promotion.

Yeh let's argue semantics.

Fans were told we'd go up, or at a minimum be challenge. Carlos said/implied  this every press conference.

Some posters on here realised it was testicles and got negged to fizz for it. 

Now instead they will get criticised and blamed due our downfall. With some posters bizarrely saying we got what we wanted. 

5 minutes ago, Almat said:

PS Clue - I think you may be getting your CCs and DCs mixed up...

I recall CC stating "for sure, we will be promoted" read that with an accent!! madness...

Edited by Morepork

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Yawn!

Whats the difference? Tey didn't technically promise, but basically said every press conference we will be promoted. That's what Carlos said.

Im not naive enough to bellieve that. However you can't get at fans that did believe. 

3 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Yeh let's argue semantics.

Fans were told we'd go up, or at a minimum be challenge. Carlos said/implied  this every press conference.

Some posters on here realised it was testicles and got negged to fizz for it. 

Now instead they will get criticised and blamed due our downfall. With some posters bizarrely saying we got what we wanted. 

Semantics is not the difference between fact and fiction.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Semantics is not the difference between fact and fiction.

Oh bore off. 

Promised and kept saying we wil be promoted are pretty damn close.

I'll make sure the fans get a flipping pinky swear next time and we will video it just for you. That's if it stop you making daft and pointless argument 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Harlequin said:

We were promised promotion this season, due to injuries to key players this isn’t going to happen. 

At at the moment we are struggling to put out a competitive side, with today’s suspensions things are only going to get worse.

we have to wright off this season now, blood some of the youngsters and start some serious planning for next year. 

What have have we got to lose?

I hate to break it to you, but we were never promised promotion by DC since he took over. 

A common misconception. 

1 hour ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Can't see Bolton, Birmingham, Reading, Millwall or Qpr winning next Saturday. Our game with the Dingles is a great opportunity to widen the gap on the bottom 6. It's also a great opportunity for the Dingles. Huge game. Not one for gambling with new lads.

Completely disagree. Blood em, at least they will show some hunger, desire and will to win.