Here's what Jos has to say about todays defeat

6 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Did I say you were a pig ?

Hmm, don’t think so but you do sound like a taxi driver that has lost a contract so no longer a “WEDNESDAY” fan..

No i sound like a fan who was pissedoff with the line up today and who was equally annoyed at how the players let the fans down yet again .

We might have injuries but there was enough out there today to compete and we didnt simple as.

So nothing to do with a taxi and losing contract ?

lol

Edited by TaxiMark

I don't see what else he could say. He is bemused at the mistakes and the red cards like most of us are.

It seems it is his style to deal with things in house when the dust has settled a bit. The overall performance was rubbish but no worse than several we have witnessed this season when we have stronger teams on the pitch and not gone two down to mistakes and a red card before we have even had chance to draw breath.

Having said the performance was rubbish, in the course of events, it is not really surprising that the players didn't know what to do. They did fairly well to win the second half.

As Jos said this was not a normal match.I haven't seen a football game go so badly wrong for years but this was due to once in a lifetime mistakes in quick succession coupled with playing a virtual second XI. Butterfield and Fox at times were woeful but the rest, although not great, were nowhere near as bad, under the circumstances, as many on here are making out. I've seen much worse when we have not been shell-shocked by gifting two goal leads and had players sent off.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

He knows his stuff, we need to give him time.

Inheriting a team full of unknowns in an unknown country and league is always a challenge at first.

This, plus starting halfway through season with half of team out...

Edited by slinger208b

54 minutes ago, Bronco Blue said:

I am sure the players know how poorly they performed, so histrionics from the boss doesn't alter that whether it is two minutes after the final whistle or the next day. He will make his point at some time, but it is more important he understands where the team is failing and works to put it right.

Jos is seeing something we fans have seen too often lately, and I imagine he doesn't like it any more than we do. Right now though he is managing effectively a reserve team, and one more short of confidence than we would like. He probably knew when he first arrived he has a lot to do in a short time, but I would back him to make a difference. The only question is whether he should have been here earlier, say from the summer, to begin to reshape the team. It gets increasingly more difficult when the season starts to run out.

He'll have learnt plenty today, it's the 1st time they've fallen behind in a game since he took over. 

To his credit at least he tried to change things.

3 hours ago, Suffolk.Owl said:

Sorry but for me little passion from this manager, can't believe he's not stormed into the referees office to seek answers, little passion from manager reflects same on the pitch. 

Suffolk is he going to achieve going off like that??lol

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Hughthecone said:

The guy has only been here for a month ffs give him a chance seems to know his job if he keeps us up ,job done imo then let's press ahead to next season and hopefully promotion 

From League 1 though by the look of things

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Jos was a bit of a c0ck for not shaking hands with Cotterill at the end.  Came across as a right mardy bum.  Should have been sporting to their manager then ripped into the referee and the players.

He seems to be a fairly calm character and if that's his way of getting success then fine. With that in mind though, it's surprising he wouldn't shake their manager's hand. If he'd been effing and blinding all game and stormed off in a huff it would make more sense.

Although it was another awful matchday, looking at the Championship table now, it would still have to be a truly catastrophic end to the season. There are some very poor teams below us and we might only need 4 more wins and a couple of draws to stay out the bottom three come the end.