Fox or Beswetherick?

Fox is not a Championship player and we should never have signed him. What I will say, he’s never a left wing back. Left back or left sided centre half is his position.

One thing I will say in favour of him though is that given all the dogs abuse he gets from the crowd and on the back of a bad game, he never goes hiding and he’s always available for the ball. Fair play to the lad. 

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Fox is not a Championship player and we should never have signed him. What I will say, he’s never a left wing back. Left back or left sided centre half is his position.

One thing I will say in favour of him though is that given all the dogs abuse he gets from the crowd and on the back of a bad game, he never goes hiding and he’s always available for the ball. Fair play to the lad. 

Are u kidding? Bottle job of a player in everyway

26 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

To ask that question you either didn't see much of Beswetherick or have no idea about football if you can't see the difference. 

I'm sure the question was put forward as a bit of tongue in cheek but the fact that Fox's displays bring back memories of Beswetherick tell you all you need to know. He may not be that bad but he is nowhere near good enough for a team wanting to challenge for promotion from this division.

35 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

What you have to ask yourself with fox is what we saw in him.

Charlton fans couldn't believe it when we signed him.

Wiggins before him was woeful too.

Totally agree. In that sense you can't really blame Fox, moan and groan yes but don't boo him. He has never been proven to have any pedigree at this level and Charlton fans didn't see him as a standout performer in League One yet we bought him seemingly to become our 1st choice left-back as Pudil had been great first season but it was clear last year that his legs were no longer up to the full-back position in the Championship. 

It's not as if as Fox has been good at this level before and is playing badly now for us, nor is it a case of a lack of effort or application, the fact is he simply is not good enough.

Fox is our worst left back in my lifetime bar beswetnerick .

he makes Barry-Murphy, Gilbert , hills etc etc looks like roberto Carlos . Shocking . The bloke can’t even trap a ball 

This is what gets fans back up . Pay through the nose and this is the kind of dross you have to watch 

Edited by james o connor

3 minutes ago, james o connor said:

he makes Barry-Murphy, Gilbert , hills etc etc looks like roberto Carlos . Shocking . The bloke can’t even trap a ball 

This is what gets fans back up . Pay through the nose and this is the kind of dross you have to watch 

Yes but if we reduce ticket prices we might have to sell him :duntmatter:

Guest RocketOwl
5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm sure the question was put forward as a bit of tongue in cheek but the fact that Fox's displays bring back memories of Beswetherick tell you all you need to know. He may not be that bad but he is nowhere near good enough for a team wanting to challenge for promotion from this division.

Totally agree. In that sense you can't really blame Fox, moan and groan yes but don't boo him. He has never been proven to have any pedigree at this level and Charlton fans didn't see him as a standout performer in League One yet we bought him seemingly to become our 1st choice left-back as Pudil had been great first season but it was clear last year that his legs were no longer up to the full-back position in the Championship. 

It's not as if as Fox has been good at this level before and is playing badly now for us, nor is it a case of a lack of effort or application, the fact is he simply is not good enough.

I agree. Can't blame Fox he's just not good enough but I can see he tried hard, he's just very very limited.

Loads of bang average players at Wednesday-capable of being dragged along when hooper forestieri Lee lees are fit.

with the exception of those and reach I don’t think there’s anybody else a championship side would take off us - certainly not for a fee anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Yes but if we reduce ticket prices we might have to sell him :duntmatter:

Have you ever heard such guff ! I used the ‘what would you change about the food on offer’  section to moan about being ripped off and signing utter dross that nobody wants . I doubt it will be taken notice of but who cares about food and the crappy shop ! 

When he puts in awful performances week after week in league one, then he may be considered to be on the deserved list with Barry Murphy, Beswetherick and Daniel Jones.

Two of those were signed for the first team, Jones was for rotation with Spurr. Fox was signed clearly as a backup left back who's playing more games than he should due to our injury list.

It's like saying Butterfield is our worst midfielder ever yet if he deserves to be ahead of Paul Mclaren, Craig Armstrong and Darren Potter - then we may as well pack up and go home.

Edited by katie melua

He isn't that bad .. he gets very bad press from many on here .. we've bunged a defensive left back in to a wing back role

HOWEVER .. he's not up to Championship level for a team wanting to push for promotion .. he's more of a player that would fit a Barnsley, Burton, Bolton side .. scraping about the lower end of the table ...

***EDIT*** Christ just read my last paragraph again .. we are that team scrapping around there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Hack-Abusi

36 minutes ago, james o connor said:

No footballer should ever "trap" a ball....it's not 1974

He’s an absolute bottle job.

I’ve never seen a footballer look as clueless and terrified on a pitch as him, and that was only in front of a few thousand against Carlisle the other week!

Watch today’s game back. Same with Butterfield. All our momentum was lost when they got on the ball. Attacks broke down or possession was conceded within 30yards of our own goal. They both spread negativity, that’s all the offer the team. They’re like a disease that spreads an uneasy fear around the team. 

It’s crazy how backward our recruitment has been in the left back position since Carlos came along. Even when the team was crying out for us to resign Pudil we waited until a week before the season! He trained in his local park that Pre Season ffs! No wonder he was abysmal until Feb/March time. 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Have you ever heard such guff ! I used the ‘what would you change about the food on offer’  section to moan about being ripped off and signing utter dross that nobody wants . I doubt it will be taken notice of but who cares about food and the crappy shop ! 

The club gets all the basics wrong notably signing frigging defenders that don't know how to defend.