Butterfield

4 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I once said Butterfield is a bottom 6 Championship player.

But I must say now he is NOT even a Championship player.

Pelupessy was a complete passenger aswell.

Boyd - Jones - Wallace all on the bench. Disgusting.

Was hoping joey was going to beef up the middle.... not dismissing him yet obviously

18 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

In other words he's w.a.n.k and I totally agree. 

your words not mine ...i'll just say I don't see what he brings to the table . he's the sort of player that wouldn't stand out for playing for crawley .he doesn't do anything and he cant even do that well ....he must have summat coz he's played a  lot of games at this level but Christ knows what  from what we've seen of him .

3 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I've taken to calling him Buttercup.  It feels more apt.  He's so light weight it's unbelievable.  He ran 30 yards to close down one of their players, got there and the guy just stuck out his hand and knocked him over.  It was comical.  The second goal was his fault with yet another hospital ball to a defender.  He's had one good game since he signed at Villa and that's it.  The rest has been utterly utterly abject.

And he collects 36k a week ...very worth it aint he ?

37 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I don't usually criticise players and not going to start now but there's no doubt that derby came out best in this deal , in truth  they'd have come out best even  if we hadn't sent them winnall 

You did well not to swear there pal.

lol

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you've only got so many daily  swear words and i'd used up my quota by half time ........

Half time i felt like walking ...then thought ive got to go through with it.

How bad are birmingham though to.lose the second half 1.0 with 2 extra men ?

9 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Genuine question - how would people rate Butterfield against Darren Potter when he was with us? Both sideways pass merchants, both crap set piece takers... 

Tell you what f*cks me off more than anything else with Butters

The number of times I see him taking a corner on the left hand side of the pitch with his weaker left peg. Don't know if he's been doing it recently, but the first couple of months he was here he was doing it all the time. 

B*tch please you can't even take a decent set-piece with your favoured right foot... learn to get it in the mixer with that before trying to show off you ambidextrous "tekkers" by using your swinger you sorry excuse for a footballer. 

38 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Was hoping joey was going to beef up the middle.... not dismissing him yet obviously

you sometimes get players that do things that managers see and fans don't .....today I was with the fans ... he was totally anonymous 

5 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Half time i felt like walking ...then thought ive got to go through with it.

How bad are birmingham though to.lose the second half 1.0 with 2 extra men ?

to be honest mate brum could have stayed on the coach  and probably come away with a draw ....

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

you sometimes get players that do things that managers see and fans don't .....today I was with the fans ... he was totally anonymous 

He made the joint highest number of tackles of any player on the pitch

He made the joint second-highest number of interceptions of any of our players today

Considering how dour our performance was as a whole, what more would you like him to do? 

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

He made the joint second-highest number of interceptions of any of our players today

Considering how dour our performance was as a whole, what more would you like him to do? 

Must admit I never noticed him all game, to be fair I did have my eyes closed.

3 hours ago, 33 said:

Lazy lazy conker

Strolling around not even attempting to find space to receive the ball

Waste of space when he gets it

I can accept Jones ain't all that but generally steady if uninspiring, I can accept Fox isn't good enough because he does at least try though

I can accept Loovens is past his use by date because he has been a good player and servant for us

I cannot accept a useless b4st4rd that is just plain fooookin lazy as well

Please F off Buttercup

Pretty much bang on the nail, 33.

You can't slag off players that are a bit limited in the skill department but there is no excuse for apparent lack of effort.

After the Burton match, which is one the worst performances I've seen from a Wednesday team in the 50-odd years I've been watching, the first half today sunk to a new low.

As a player, if you can't trap a ball, hit 25 yard free kicks and showboat your way up the pitch, you can still track back, tackle, show plenty of effort and put your body on the line. Didn't see much intent like that in the first half.

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

that's why i'm a supporter  and not a manager .....butters was our best player I concede  to the stats ....what where his pass stats by the way ?

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I thought you were on about Pelupessy? That's who you quoted about :biggrin:

(Butters was gash)

it's been a bad day mate and the whisky is kicking in so I may well have put in a swerve ball ......lets just agree we were crap today . 

• Haha 2