Matias sent off - violent conduct

16 hours ago, McRightSide said:

If you want to blame anyone, blame Matias. 

Blame him for that stupid little footballer headbutt.

You simply can’t push your head towards another players head

Absolutely zero chance that’s getting rescinded. More likely that we’d get an additional one for a frivolous appeal.

Right now I’m wondering whether that extra game would be a positive or negative.

Mindless, stupid, petulant and ill disciplined. I hope he doesn’t have any major bills to pay this month because he’s getting fined and all.

I bet you think forestieri is amazing and defend him for his unforgivable behaviour last season as well....

never a red card in a million years 

1 hour ago, brazilowl said:

The key to this is what the linesman saw. MM didn’t nut him so did he punch him in the stomach?  I don’t think he did or the Birmingham player would have gone down like a sack of spuds. It’s a mystery why he was sent off and will never be told the reason because these jumped up tvvts who are in charge never come out and tell us the reason why. 

We do know the reason because he tells Matias 'Headbutt' as he gives him the card and then tells Reach 'Headbutt' a few seconds later. If you watch the vid on a decent sized screen you'll see it.

The ref is an officious buffoon which is confirmed by the amount of cards he's gived this season and his behaviour in the rest of the match.

2 hours ago, brazilowl said:

The key to this is what the linesman saw. MM didn’t nut him so did he punch him in the stomach?  I don’t think he did or the Birmingham player would have gone down like a sack of spuds. It’s a mystery why he was sent off and will never be told the reason because these jumped up tvvts who are in charge never come out and tell us the reason why. 

He definitely put his hands into the players stomach, it looked more like he was pushing him away with a grin on his face rather than punching him to be fair. 

There was handbags but the ref  got it wrong for me.

2 hours ago, sharrowowl said:

He definitely did something

Sounds conclusive.

I say “something” because it was a bit... odd. Wasn’t a lunge or a push or a headbutt. Something in between. Like a push with his head. 

My point was, from the North side it was more than that camera angle suggests.

10 hours ago, MAL said:

So you saw him head butt, so he should get sent off.

yep, from my perfect view 130 yards away.

You didn't see a punch, so he shouldn't get sent off.

Do you reckon?

Then looking at it, you didn't see a head butt, so he shouldn't get sent off.

From the angle on the video you can’t see our player head butt

But he won't get off :wacko:

And you reckon he will?

16 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Referees never hesitate when it comes to sending our players off. Who remembers Cardiff at home last year? When there player basically punched Pudil in the face only for the ref to turn a blind eye to it? F***ing can’t stand them in all honesty as bad as we have been this year If we go down to league 1 then incompetent referees have certainly helped us get there along the way.

Im absolutely sick of it.

The FA and the FL are not fit for purpose.

clubs for old men, younger men with fresh ideas not needed.

12 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

I was on the North, and to be honest that camera angle from the South is kind to Matias. He definitely did something. 

i figured he may have, but IF mm is to be held responsible for instigating it (from memory) over the last 3 or 4 decades hasn't retaliation been judged a far worse crime than the original act?, and the person retaliating usually (when we're concerned anyway) gets punished the most?, didn't the brummie defender commit a movement with head that in any walk of life be accepted as the threat of a headbut to come? also i believe he may even make contact with matias with that head movement. 

4 hours ago, brazilowl said:

it's about time the old boys clubs had to send their officials out to explain their decisions after the game.

if MM was guilty, so was the defender in my eyes, and i'd like to hear why the linesman thought differently.

3 hours ago, sharrowowl said:

We do know the reason because he tells Matias 'Headbutt' as he gives him the card and then tells Reach 'Headbutt' a few seconds later. If you watch the vid on a decent sized screen you'll see it.

The ref is an officious buffoon which is confirmed by the amount of cards he's gived this season and his behaviour in the rest of the match.

but if we are a PROFESSIONAL  football club, shouldn't we know when we're getting an arsehole?, and inform the players accordingly?

Who was on the receiving end of the alledged violent conduct?

Bramall clearly looked like he was expecting to be in trouble as he was walking off, matias also had a guilty look to him but neither one of them complained.

This is modern football, if one of them had a grievance it would be clear for the world to see.

Luhukay wont appeal the decision and the f.a. would never have rescinded it (let alone review it fairly).

We've been fcuked over again. We have to move on. The incident needs documenting and sending to pmgo or whoever and highlighting our grievance with the referees poor understanding of the incident and human nature factor in a footballing contest.

Mm shouldnt be getting so much grief. Nor should the rest of the squad. 10 first team injuries and a new manager are perfectly understandable grounds for poor performances.

Yeah we want this that and the other, then go support man city or chelsea or coca cola or justin bieber or some other nonfootball entity

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dnhc said:

it's about time the old boys clubs had to send their officials out to explain their decisions after the game.

if MM was guilty, so was the defender in my eyes, and i'd like to hear why the linesman thought differently.

I agree that they should accept responsibility. The match report should be publicized within hours of the end of the game. The following day the ref should watch a full replay and the next day (2 days after the game) should be available to answer questions and where necessary to apologise for mistakes or to receive apologies from players or managers

People pay money to watch the game, so should be treated accordingly.