Loovens subbed on 24min

On 03/02/2018 at 19:05, meggoisgod said:

Fox should have been the one taken off

Then immediately sacked for impersonating a pro footballer..what have we done to deserve this useless fkn conker.

It is my personal mission to remove this clown from my football club. Up there with Beswetherick

Hahahahaha but very well said 

On 03/02/2018 at 17:03, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Why unsettle a settled defence by bringing back a player proven to be a liability? Very poor call Jos.

Loovens has been poor all season. I wasn't there on Saturday, but I suspect I've seen his antics before this season.  I'm glad to hear Jos is prepared to bring off a player in the first half who's not up to it. 

There were plenty of other occasions this season where Loovens should have come off. Against Burton most recently. He's the club captain FFS. He can't point the finger at anyone this year. 

I hope it's his last game for the club. He's had more than enough chances this year. And I'm sorry its ended this way for him at Wednesday. 

Dutch manager was always going to recall the Dutch captain.

Awful decision. Don't buy that Thorniley needs resting. He's 21. Played regularly for Accrington on loan. Needs games particularly after two solid performances.

Don''t want to get on Jos' back, but I really did question his starting lineup Saturday. Why no Jones? Joao? Bit worrying.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

On 3 February 2018 at 17:03, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Why unsettle a settled defence by bringing back a player proven to be a liability? Very poor call Jos.

Mistake by JL and I suspect the main reason why the errors were made by the players but it's probably more a case of JL having to find out for himself how poor some of these players are or have become over the last 18 months...

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Dutch manager was always going to recall the Dutch captain.

Awful decision. Don't buy that Thorniley needs resting. He's 21. Played regularly for Accrington on loan. Needs games particularly after two solid performances.

Don''t want to get on Jos' back, but I really did question his starting lineup Saturday. Why no Jones? Joao? Bit worrying.

I think we're going to see alot of this sort of thing for the rest of the season - where the selection sometimes baffles us mere fans - Jos is still trying out new combinations etc, and with all the injuries, he's got alot of experimenting to do. As long as we don't get sucked into the bottom 3 I'm ok with that. Think we just need to get behind the man and give him a bit of time. There were actually signs of the Dave/ Matias partnership working .

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Sorry but nuhiu needs to go in the summer. Works hard definitely but just not good enough 

I think a lot will be going in the summer. With the injuries we've got at present I suspect anyone who is fit will get a game. Loovens, Fox and Butterfield included. It might help if we get behind them rather than ripping them to shreds during the match. Some posters might not like them or think they are good enough but if Jos picks them we need to support them.

We can ship out any that aren't up to it after the end of the season.

• Thanks 1

Loovens is on his way out because of his age.

hes still capable of playing very well though. 

Was excellent away at villa and also at bramall Lane until his red card.

people should remember what a good job he’s done at Wednesday and maybe not be too harsh on him.

1 hour ago, belfast owl lad said:

says it all when celtic deemed him not good enough.

weren't complaining when he was part of the defence when we kept record cleansheets two seasons running or when he got the winner against newcastle

passed it ,absolutely but he has deserved respect and been a good player for us  

Edited by welsOwl74
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

Well, the result was getting 1-1 for the last 75 minutes opposed to 0-2 for the first 21 minutes. Figures speak I'd say.

Sorry. Thought to start with that you meant it was bad to take him off. Obviously I'm too tired and didn't read the post properly.

10 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Sorry but nuhiu needs to go in the summer. Works hard definitely but just not good enough 

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100%. Said it on here elsewhere ages ago, as a club we've moved on, hopefully. My heart sinks when he comes on, but sometimes it works. It's just that Jos is trying things at the moment and we've got to give him time to see just what his options are.