The Kop Band - The club want to know your thoughts..

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

We need a string them up section.

Bit harsh but when you here them parping out 'we're all Leeds aren't we' then I can see where you are coming from!

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Which is why they are asking the question again, though I am sure the last time this was done the results were not what was expected. The band have had a friend or 2 in fairly influential positions at the club in this respect.

they have, and you have to in your position ask WHY?

some on here have been jumping up and down wanting the band out, and 'permission' for a singing section, 'PERMISSION' F***ING 'PERMISSION' to sing at a football ground? what year did that come in? do you get a permit? or can you bring a note from yer mam?

what they likely need to do, and i've told 'em this, and told 'em it more than once, believe me.

is find a home midweek match, and post on here and other places (perhaps facebook) that if you're interested in getting together singing and chanting at hillsborough on this date v. whoever, then meet at XXXX at a certain time, then go into the ground, to the back of the kop (but do it early enough if you can so the seats aren't occupied, or go late and rush the stewards) get next to the band and JOIN IN, remember like it or not THEY ARE ESTABLISHED, YOU ARE NOT,  so don't go in looking for bovver, at this time you'll need them, and IF on a poorly attended night you can get some atmosphere onto the field then you have a good start, but you don't ask permission.

7 minutes ago, dnhc said:

nawty to post acts of threat and or violence to or about other wednesday fans.

If you can't see that as a throwaway comment then it's not worth debating it with you any further, are you a band member? Someone else quoted Darren Ferguson earlier in the thread and said we should shoot them, did you take that seriously as well?

Also if they are all big Wednesday fans then why on occasions have they chosen to attend other events instead of Wednesday games, including Leeds Rhino's?

Edited by Guest

On 02/02/2018 at 18:34, timrud said:

Get rid, the atomsphere is dead because of them.

Last time we had a vote on them hardly anybody wanted to keep them.

Bunch of freeloaders, better off at the Leeds rugby.

no it's not, it seems i've been going a tad longer than you, the atmosphere was dead long before the band ever turned up, it's about time people posted the truth when opposing the situation, it's shamefully like a ******* morgue on a number of occasions, although you can hear breaks in the silence for the booing to slip in, and we're right in the middle of a period in our time when we do NOT want our players hearing booing, and long silences, it's not cricket at lords.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If you can't see that as a throwaway comment then it's not worth debating it with you any further, are you a band member? Someone else quoted Darren Ferguson earlier in the thread and said we should shoot them, did you take that seriously as well?

Also if they are all big Wednesday fans then why on occasions have they chosen to attend other events instead of Wednesday games, including Leeds Rhino's?

yes i could see it was a jest, but how come you couldn't see mine was?

i wish i'd a quid for as many have posted on here 'are you in the band?'

is that all you have?, if i stand up to you, and oppose you, and give you a reasoned argument, then i have to be a band member?.

i stand in the n/w, i hear the oft. lacking singing coming from the kop, which fortunately is drowned out by the 'parping' as it is referred to, so as not to embarrass us too much more, though in fairness, when things are going our way, and everyone joins in then the kop can be heard, but it is way too rarely, enjoy the family stand.

8 minutes ago, dnhc said:

yes i could see it was a jest, but how come you couldn't see mine was?

i wish i'd a quid for as many have posted on here 'are you in the band?'

is that all you have?, if i stand up to you, and oppose you, and give you a reasoned argument, then i have to be a band member?.

i stand in the n/w, i hear the oft. lacking singing coming from the kop, which fortunately is drowned out by the 'parping' as it is referred to, so as not to embarrass us too much more, though in fairness, when things are going our way, and everyone joins in then the kop can be heard, but it is way too rarely, enjoy the family stand.

Yours wasn't funny! lol

How much would you have?

As I said before, it was OK when it was just Hemmingham and maybe a drummer, we don't need the full orchestra.

27 minutes ago, dnhc said:

no it's not, it seems i've been going a tad longer than you, the atmosphere was dead long before the band ever turned up, it's about time people posted the truth when opposing the situation, it's shamefully like a ******* morgue on a number of occasions, although you can hear breaks in the silence for the booing to slip in, and we're right in the middle of a period in our time when we do NOT want our players hearing booing, and long silences, it's not cricket at lords.

I'm sorry, does the fact you have attended more matches than me make you more correct? I also went pre-band and it was better than it was now.

If you care to read the rest of the thread, you will see I've explained why this is the case. Though maybe you were too busy spitting your dinner over your keyboard to notice.

On 02/02/2018 at 18:34, timrud said:

Get rid, the atomsphere is dead because of them.

Last time we had a vote on them hardly anybody wanted to keep them.

Bunch of freeloaders, better off at the Leeds rugby.

The atmosphere is dead because it is dead. The only thing which seems to spark any singing or shouting is the band. And generally they are quiet for quite long spells and there is no effort from the crowd to break the silence until the band start up.  Even if you don’t love them, if they go the atmosphere would be permanently dead and that would be a disaster for the club. 

As I have already stated, people do not sing because of the band. They need removing for an extended period.

People have given up trying to sing because the awful band drown them out. It's the same at England games, where they are equally hated.

22 hours ago, timrud said:

I'm sorry, does the fact you have attended more matches than me make you more correct? I also went pre-band and it was better than it was now.

If you care to read the rest of the thread, you will see I've explained why this is the case. Though maybe you were too busy spitting your dinner over your keyboard to notice.

no of course it doesn't, what does make me more correct is i'm telling the truth, whilst those wanting the band out are willing to say almost anything to back up their side of the storey, and it falls apart under scrutiny.

once again telling stories, as at that time i hadn't had my dinner.