The Kop Band - The club want to know your thoughts..

On 02/02/2018 at 19:46, Tamworthowl said:

Bit disappointing that there was no text box for suggestions to improve atmosphere, nor specific question about a singing area or safe standing.

not sure we can seriously envisage an agreed standing area, though if you want to stand you can in one or two areas (non approved of course).

singing area??? have you ever been away? did you ask the host club if it was ok to sing? NO? then why ask our club? it's rather tinpot.

12 hours ago, shandypants said:

This is a good point. The North and Kop can really get an atmosphere when they work in tandem.  

there's a time difference, by the time the n/w hears the kop it's moved on by a few words (that's IF the n/w can hear the kop, at times you know they're singing, but can't make it out), seriously try it by going in the n/w.

11 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's a catch 22. 

The band parping away quite annoy me. 

But as others have said sometimes there would  be no noise without them.

If they really want an atmosphere...

• Boot the band 
  • Rip the seats out of the Kop.
  • Bank it steep

DC6UJrXW0AABIH0.jpg

• Make it £10 cheaper than the rest of the ground. 
  • Fill it with angry young working class men full of  ale and energy and  desperate to find  sense of direction and identity.

That's has and always will be key to atmosphere. 

Ok the last one doesn't fit the modern football narrative where grounds are full of nice people, couples and kids,  bearded hipsters twirling their beards while making notes for their tactics blogs and middle aged men, aye, me included, who they know will pay over the odds to sit and trump chewing a sweet. 

No. 

If they want atmosphere..

Then the KOP must become the Alp of humanity it once was. 

post-1-1172137971.jpg

A right of passage. 

Ok, ok. 

You can keep the roof.

bc6e8c437810f31748d9ada3fbb2e6d5.jpg

i haven't read it all, i will do when i've time, but i'm going out.

i do like what i did read so, it sounds good to me, but i don't see the club reducing gate revenue by ripping seats out (at a cost to the club in the first place), sounds good BUT.

after today - DO THEY fizz ..

flipping abject today .. hardly heard them in the first half. Shocking

piped up a few times in the 2nd half but seriously .. what is the point of them if they aren't going to get people jeered up and get them off their feet when the team is at rock bottom on the pitch and needing some inspiration ..

absolutely insipid. 3-0 down and its like a morgue ..

absolutely shocking today from the band. Garbage

28 minutes ago, dnhc said:

not sure we can seriously envisage an agreed standing area, though if you want to stand you can in one or two areas (non approved of course).

singing area??? have you ever been away? did you ask the host club if it was ok to sing? NO? then why ask our club? it's rather tinpot.

I agree that it's difficult for the club to agree or encourage a standing area when it's against the law. But it happens elsewhere.

The club asked the question about the band in the context of match day atmosphere. I don't think it's unreasonable for subsequent questions on a singing area.

Have I ever been away? Often. I would have thought away games demonstrate how a standing/singing area would be effective.

Do I ask the host club if I can sing? Of course not. Do I get snotty looks from those around me if I stand at Hillsborough? Or if I join in the bounce? Do I get the same reaction away? No.

A singing section would bring like minded people together, like at away games, like on the kop before seating. A hundred people together create a much better atmosphere, and get more joining in, than 25 disparate groups of four. 

But it would mean ignoring the complaints of those wanting to sit for 90 minutes, which in turn would mean moving some. Think about the problems West Ham had at the new stadium. They moved people about allowing similar minded people to get together. A good idea, in my opinion. Tinpot? Far from it. Certainly worth a question in a survey to gauge interest.

For many of our home matches, they are the only part of the crowd making any real sound or leading singing. Without the band, however flawed they may be, Hillsborough would be quieter than Grenoside crematorium. Keep them as they may prove to be critical to our Chsmpionship survival 

10 hours ago, dnhc said:

It's the band that are tin pot. Worse than anything else that any other club have. They're hated nationally. Nobody has a good word for them, yet they're on our kop, week in, week out playing the same old 5h1t. They're boring, pointless and out of date. Add to this that they'd go and play for any other club if the money was there. Absolute foookin embarrassment.

13 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

I agree that it's difficult for the club to agree or encourage a standing area when it's against the law. But it happens elsewhere.

The club asked the question about the band in the context of match day atmosphere. I don't think it's unreasonable for subsequent questions on a singing area.

Have I ever been away? Often. I would have thought away games demonstrate how a standing/singing area would be effective.

Do I ask the host club if I can sing? Of course not. Do I get snotty looks from those around me if I stand at Hillsborough? Or if I join in the bounce? Do I get the same reaction away? No.

A singing section would bring like minded people together, like at away games, like on the kop before seating. A hundred people together create a much better atmosphere, and get more joining in, than 25 disparate groups of four. 

But it would mean ignoring the complaints of those wanting to sit for 90 minutes, which in turn would mean moving some. Think about the problems West Ham had at the new stadium. They moved people about allowing similar minded people to get together. A good idea, in my opinion. Tinpot? Far from it. Certainly worth a question in a survey to gauge interest.

it is, however i don't see hillsborough being a ground where permission is allowed for standing, so it has to be done by the will of those wanting it. the unofficial standing area in the n/w is not done with the club's approval, the club may just turn a blind eye. 

if you want to form a singing section on the kop it's likely it would have to be at the back, otherwise season ticket holders would have to be forcibly moved into alternative seating. why not ask those like minded as you on here to meet together pre a tuesday night game and go onto the kop and take up an open space at the rear, if you can muster more than 50+ you should have an effect, if you get 100+ then it's proof that people want it, and the noisy support could well be a benefit to the onfield play, but do it yourselves. otherwise you're welcome in the n/w?

4 hours ago, archieswfc said:

It's the band that are tin pot. Worse than anything else that any other club have. They're hated nationally. Nobody has a good word for them, yet they're on our kop, week in, week out playing the same old 5h1t. They're boring, pointless and out of date. Add to this that they'd go and play for any other club if the money was there. Absolute foookin embarrassment.

have you been around and asked everyone in the land then?, of course not, so why post 'they're hated nationally. nobody has a good word for them', there are posts in this thread alone that prove you are not telling the truth, WHY?

They've made the fans lazy, and when the crowd starts singing on their own the egotistical to55ers jump in over the top putting an end to the song. 

Quite frankly they are tinpot and embarrassing, we have no right to take the mickey out of other clubs for having things like clappers when we have a chuffing brass band on our kop.

They could mix it up a bit. A double bass or a bassoon or two. Really class up the joint. Brass is like tashes and smoking, it went out of fashion in the early 90s.

I'm not adverse to everyone bringing an Instrument. I think 25000 well played castanets could really get things going. 

Or maybe even a few of them rainmakers filled with cactus needles. You only ever saw them in school music lessons though. 

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

have you been around and asked everyone in the land then?, of course not, so why post 'they're hated nationally. nobody has a good word for them', there are posts in this thread alone that prove you are not telling the truth, WHY?

I'll reword it. The majority of people dislike them, both here at Hillsborough and at England games.