Millwall ticket news

37 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

I don't have the figures in front of me but sure it was a couple of seasons ago we took 3k to charlton & also 4k to fulham, but guess we'll never know

The last time you played Charlton you took 1,443 on Saturday 1st of November. And an impressive 4,115 to Fulham the same season - 2014/15.

I assume the big turn out at The Valley was when you were fighting for promotion with them in League One. tail tugging tuggers, aren't they. 

3 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

According to the ticket office, we've sold 1,369 for tonight.

Me and the mrs might be going, so add another two onto that...

This is very impressive. The biggest ever following of Wednesday at The Den. It can only be a good thing that more away fans are coming to us now - always frustrates me when you see the average attendance table and we are on 12,500 odd and you see the likes of Preston, Barnsley, QPR etc are on 14-16,000 - when in reality our actual home numbers are much better than theirs, but they get huge away followings at their grounds. 

Millwall has to be one of the best away days in the FL imo - a 5 minute train ride from London Bridge & all that has to offer, so the only truly central London club along with Arsenal & Chelsea; you can sit where you like; the stewards let you stand and sing; we like giving a bit of it back. Never understood how more go to that depressing greater London suburban shithole that is Selhurst Park.

1 hour ago, Moody said:

It was on 22nd March and we were 17th and on a losing run, you lot were bottom yes. However, you had only lost twice in the previous 8 and we were dropping like a stone at the time. We won 3-0 and that did leave you adrift after that; but this was a 6 pointer imo. Especially as you finished 4 points from safety in the end. 

we were 3-0 down at half time this game & pretty much relegated, I decided I wouldn't attend the den again after that.

1 hour ago, Moody said:

The last time you played Charlton you took 1,443 on Saturday 1st of November. And an impressive 4,115 to Fulham the same season - 2014/15.

I assume the big turn out at The Valley was when you were fighting for promotion with them in League One. tail tugging tuggers, aren't they. 

fair enough I was only going by memory, I just remember last time I went it was a 3k + sell out but you have the figures so not going to argue

we wouldn't bring 3,900 to millwall unless it was a promotion decider, but next season if it's a sat 3pm like the piggies got we'd take 2.5k I reckon, probably sell out the upper tier, the last couple of successful seasons has seen our away attendances grow quite considerably, Millwall away is a great day & I've always liked it because it's one for the hardcore Wednesday lot so good atmosphere

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

According to the ticket office, we've sold 1,369 for tonight.

Me and the mrs might be going, so add another two onto that...

that just shows you the support we have down in London & surrounding areas, isn't that more than we took to boro?

3 hours ago, Moody said:

You need to recheck your facts mate because we played Charlton in the 2015/16 season

1 hour ago, gypsyowl said:

tbf to him he knows his stuff!

He doesn't because the last time we played at Charlton was 2 years back when FF got a consolation goal in the second half and Jack Hunt was limping around for most of the second half because we had used all our subs.

Charlton fans had (yet another) demonstration against their then board.

Me and my mates were on the very back row and we sold out the full allocation of 3000+

UTO!

22 hours ago, Moody said:

Sheffield Wednesday's last 5 league followings at The Den:

2014/15: 1,001 (Tuesday)

2013/14: 1,049 (Tuesday)

2012/13: 1,028 (Tuesday)

2002/03: 727 (Saturday)

2001/02: 1,112 (Saturday)

Where’s your February 2006 stat, Saturday 3pm KO, Wednesday won 1-0, Simek goal after you thought you’d scored, Bullen in the net. And definitely over 2000 there. 

29 minutes ago, davidhirst1867 said:

It is. For some reason, we hardly ever sell our allocation at Middlesborough

We were on about this earlier, it's weird.

We all live around Anston/Dinnington and do Boro in about 1 hour 20 as we are just between the A1 and M1 whereas the drive to Millwall is currently over 3 hours and we still have another 20+ miles.

I reckon our Southern based Owls must be fairly significant.

1 minute ago, Pulsar said:

We were on about this earlier, it's weird.

We all live around Anston/Dinnington and do Boro in about 1 hour 20 as we are just between the A1 and M1 whereas the drive to Millwall is currently over 3 hours and we still have another 20+ miles.

I reckon our Southern based Owls must be fairly significant.

Definitely. Our biggest away followings seem to always be down south. 4000 to Fulham every year, 3000 to Qpr (if permitted), 3000 to Charlton last two times

5 hours ago, Pulsar said:

You need to recheck your facts mate because we played Charlton in the 2015/16 season

He doesn't because the last time we played at Charlton was 2 years back when FF got a consolation goal in the second half and Jack Hunt was limping around for most of the second half because we had used all our subs.

Charlton fans had (yet another) demonstration against their then board.

Me and my mates were on the very back row and we sold out the full allocation of 3000+

UTO!

Yes, sorry. Simple mistake - that 1,443 Wednesday following was 2014/15. No idea what you took the following season. 

5 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Where’s your February 2006 stat, Saturday 3pm KO, Wednesday won 1-0, Simek goal after you thought you’d scored, Bullen in the net. And definitely over 2000 there. 

Ha. Forget that - to be fair I tried erasing that season from my memory. Truly awful and that game was a joke!!

You brought 1,446 that game. So, not over 2,000, but the best Wednesday following ever at Millwall - so am sorry I left it out by error! Good spot. 

*Updated, thanks to WadsleyOwl

Sheffield Wednesday's last 6 league followings at The Den: 

2014/15: 1,001 (Tuesday

2013/14: 1,049 (Tuesday

2012/13: 1,028 (Tuesday

2005/06: 1,446 (Saturday)

2002/03: 727 (Saturday

2001/02: 1,112 (Saturday) 

8 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

we were 3-0 down at half time this game & pretty much relegated, I decided I wouldn't attend the den again after that.

2-0 down at half-time, then Ifill got a 3rd early in second half: 54 minute. But yes, it cut you 6 points adrift. 

Conversely it kick started a mini-run for us; we won the next 3 games and only lost once in run-in to finish 9th. 

Horrible season though for ordinary Millwall fans. We we were banned from attending games at Forest, Burnley, Stoke, Wolves, Leicester City and Portsmouth and they were banned from coming to The Den. And all home & away games were members only (you had to hand in a passport picture & utility bills to club, who passed them onto the Met), all-ticket and tickets had to be bought by the Thursday before a Saturday match and the Saturday before a Tuesday match. Plus, we could only play clubs like Sheffield United, Derby County and Coventry City if there was at least 2 hours of daylight left after the final whistle. This was due to the infamous riot after the Birmingham City play-off match. The members only and all-ticket rule is still in place for our away games.

Edited by Moody

3 hours ago, Moody said:

Ha. Forget that - to be fair I tried erasing that season from my memory. Truly awful and that game was a joke!!

You brought 1,446 that game. So, not over 2,000, but the best Wednesday following ever at Millwall - so am sorry I left it out by error! Good spot. 

I’m not having that. Not sure where you’re getting your figures from. 

15 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

I’m not having that. Not sure where you’re getting your figures from. 

I get them from the Millwall History Site - run by the man who also works for the Millwall Museum. All attendance stats taken from official programmes - which are officially released by clubs. 

To be fair the brain is good at writing stories (read Homo Deus) - I trust the stats from official club sources over your memory. Sorry. 

You can check for yourself here: http://www.millwall-history.org.uk/Millwall-Stats.htm