Millwall ticket news

13 minutes ago, Moody said:

Sheffield Wednesday's last 5 league followings at The Den:

2014/15: 1,001 (Tuesday)

2013/14: 1,049 (Tuesday)

2012/13: 1,028 (Tuesday)

2002/03: 727 (Saturday)

2001/02: 1,112 (Saturday)

Shame it's not a Saturday pal, because we would easy sell out.

3 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Shame it's not a Saturday pal, because we would easy sell out.

An official sell-out at The Den for away fans is 3,900. I can't imagine you bringing that many for a mid-table Championship fixture, even on a Saturday. Wednesday brought 727 for a big 6 pointer the last time it was held on a Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

With respect pal, I was on about the top tier only, not seen anyone in the lower tier for years.

That would be 2,850 - still cannot see Wednesday taking that for a mid-table Championship game. 

Leicester City had the lower tier just last season. 

As a comparison: 

Millwall's last 6 league followings at Hillsborough:

2017/18: 404* (Tuesday)

2014/15: 427* (Tuesday) 

2013/14: 409* (Tuesday) 

2012/13:1,762* (Saturday) 

2002/03: 278** (Tuesday

2001/02: 1,352 (Saturday) 

*All-ticket and members only.

**All-ticket, members only and had to hand in details (utility bills & passport picture) to police prior to season starting.

Edited by Moody

2 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Didn't realise the top tier held that many. Probably looking at around 1800/2000 then ( for a Saturday game)

The Leicester match would have been the FA cup last year if I remember.

Yes.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Wednesday have poor support. I admire how you still get the support you do, very impressive. Just saying I do not think you would bring that many for a mid-table match (2,000+).

The away end holds 4,800 in total - but is restricted to 3,900.

1. Because Millwall sell block tickets behind the goals; meaning fans can sit with mates and family, without having to order the exact seat numbers. You do not have to sit in a specific seat as an away fan or a Millwall fan in the Cold Blow Lane End. Just the correct block. However, this means the club has to hold back c.500 seats in each, to stop over-crowding in areas.

2. Several front and end rows are kept empty on bottom tier to make it easier to police.

Every single club (bar Leeds, West Ham & Chelsea) are allowed on the bottom tier. The only time that changes is if it is a significant match, eg Villa come to The Den on the last day of the season and will not be allowed on the bottom tier. However, everyone else can have the bottom tier for bread and butter games; it's just very rare any away team brings more than what the top tier holds. Watford had it a few seasons back - they were on a promotion charge, but only about 150 were in the bottom tier!! 

41 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Millwall fan , you do realise for probably the last few seasons for a Saturday at 3 we have taken over 2k+ to probably 95%

(Qpr,Charlton,Fulham,) I could go on

bristol soon also , it’s very very rare we don’t sell thousands on a Saturday at 3pm

I do.

All I have said is that I don't think Wednesday would sell out the away end for a mid-table game at The Den; even on a Saturday. That would be nearly 4,000 fans. Even if was just the top tier, that would be nearly 3,000 fans. 

I'm not having a pop. Wednesday have never brought more than 1,200 to Millwall, including two Saturday games at the new ground. So, simply cannot see that approaching 3,000 If this was moved to this Saturday at 3pm. I would assume it would be more like somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000. 

Hopefully next season both games will be on a Saturday. However, I think it's SYP that don't like us being in Sheffield on a Saturday for a 3pm.  

43 minutes ago, Moody said:

I do.

All I have said is that I don't think Wednesday would sell out the away end for a mid-table game at The Den; even on a Saturday. That would be nearly 4,000 fans. Even if was just the top tier, that would be nearly 3,000 fans. 

I'm not having a pop. Wednesday have never brought more than 1,200 to Millwall, including two Saturday games at the new ground. So, simply cannot see that approaching 3,000 If this was moved to this Saturday at 3pm. I would assume it would be more like somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000. 

Hopefully next season both games will be on a Saturday. However, I think it's SYP that don't like us being in Sheffield on a Saturday for a 3pm.  

I agree these days on a Saturday 1500-2000 as some just simply won't go Millwall for some reason.

Only way we would sell out is challenging top 2 in last few months of season.

Looking forward to tomorrow though 1200ish sold I think.

3 hours ago, Moody said:

I do.

I reckon we could sell 2500 roughly 

12 hours ago, Moody said:

I do.

I don't have the figures in front of me but sure it was a couple of seasons ago we took 3k to charlton & also 4k to fulham, but guess we'll never know

wednesday have decent support in london & down south so we'll always take good following to london games, plus if it's a sat 3pm KO we'll take a good following down from sheff/south yorks too

17 hours ago, Moody said:

An official sell-out at The Den for away fans is 3,900. I can't imagine you bringing that many for a mid-table Championship fixture, even on a Saturday. Wednesday brought 727 for a big 6 pointer the last time it was held on a Saturday. 

That was not a 6 pointer if I remember: you were nicely in mid table and we were as good as down.

I went - most memorable part for me was putting a round of drinks on a ‘table’ which turned out to be a bin, which then opened and swallowed all the pints. 

It's interesting you bring up Charlton.

They play 3.5 miles from The Den; so are the best comparison to make for away support. In fact, it is a little bit harder to get to The Valley than the Den. However, ever season away teams take around double the amount of fans to The Valley than they do to The Den. 

Some examples from last season:

Bolton at The Valley: 900 fans

Bolton at The Den: 389 fans

Northampton at The Valley: 1,283

Northampton at The Den: 672 fans

Peterborough United at The Valley: 1,017

Peterborough United at The Den: 303 fans

I could go on and on. It's the same in the Championship. Our reputation often puts away fans off. The last 5 visits by Sheffield Wednesday have been:

2014/15: 1,001 (Tuesday) 

2013/14: 1,049 (Tuesday) 

2012/13: 1,028 (Tuesday) 

2002/03: 727 (Saturday) 

2001/02: 1,112 (Saturday) 

Like I said, I'm not having a pop - Wednesday's support is excellent considering the last 18 years. However, if you add up the last two followings on a Saturday it does not top 2,000 Owls fans; so I cannot imagine that if this game was on this coming Saturday 2,500+ Wednesday fans would show up. 

Leeds took up 2,099 of their allocation - that's the biggest away following at The Den so far. The next are Birmingham City at 2,036, Sheffield United at 1,883 (when flying) and Ipswich at 1,842 (when top).

I reckon if the game is on a Saturday next season you will bring a lot (2,000+) - as it will be the first time in over a decade. All I was doing was correcting the poster who claimed you regularly bring 1,200-1,500; and then suggesting that I couldn't imagine nearly 4,000 Wednesday fans turning up if it was a Saturday, given the season you are having (as that is what constitutes a sell-out). 

7 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

That was not a 6 pointer if I remember: you were nicely in mid table and we were as good as down.

I went - most memorable part for me was putting a round of drinks on a ‘table’ which turned out to be a bin, which then opened and swallowed all the pints. 

It was on 22nd March and we were 17th and on a losing run, you lot were bottom yes. However, you had only lost twice in the previous 8 and we were dropping like a stone at the time. We won 3-0 and that did leave you adrift after that; but this was a 6 pointer imo. Especially as you finished 4 points from safety in the end.