Sheffield Wednesday Press Conference - LIVE NOW

I’m coming round to the mind set that we won’t be seeing the likes of Bannan, Lee, Lees, Forestieri, Hutchinson and Fletcher until next season. We will be going with what we have until May, should any return unexpectedly then it’s a bonus.

This season has been a monumental disaster... roll on August.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m coming round to the mind set that we won’t be seeing the likes of Bannan, Lee, Lees, Forestieri, Hutchinson and Fletcher until next season. We will be going with what we have until May, should any return unexpectedly then it’s a bonus.

I think if we can achieve safety absolutely nothing to be gained by risking these players some of whom are made of glass

personally like to see the young players growing into the squad that is a positive out of this mess just a shame one wasn't young George

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Makes a bit of a mockery of the decision not to bring in a few reenforcements, if that is the case

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Makes a bit of a mockery of the decision not to bring in a few reenforcements, if that is the case

I think the club believes we are safe from relegation. If so, that is extremely naive of them. Only  one extra player as been brought in and there doesn't appear to be much light at the end of the tunnel for these inexplicably lengthy injuries we still have. . I say that because I've never ever known so many  injured players at one time have so many set backs. Its farcical. Another couple of results without a win and the old ar*se will get twitching.

9 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Groin injury at Norwich I believe. Looks like he’s had another set back though.

As has Westwood and Lees....................our medical team really don`t fill you with confidence do they.

Edited by sheriwozgod

9 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

I think the club believes we are safe from relegation. If so, that is extremely naive of them. Only  one extra player as been brought in and there doesn't appear to be much light at the end of the tunnel for these inexplicably lengthy injuries we still have. . I say that because I've never ever known so many  injured players at one time have so many set backs. Its farcical. Another couple of results without a win and the old ar*se will get twitching.

The bottom clubs have averaged less than a point per game so far this season. If we draw every game we are safe. A couple of wins and we are well out of danger.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Jos was being deliberately (I think) vague. In the past perhaps we've rushed players back maybe pushing them through a bit of pain after injury/ surgery leading to serious setbacks. It might just be that were being more prudent/cautious now. Still a chance that all the long term injured can make returns before the end of season.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
12 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Equally a couple of wins and things will look a lot rosier. I doubt that the club are being complacent about our position. Players I believe will start to return later this month.