Oh for Hooper Fletcher and Rhodes

Screenshot 2018-02-01 20.55.44.png

My gratitude to @Ballmeist for the above table he posted elsewhere. Good old fashioned programme team lists. Great stuff.

Something very scary. Look at the goals from our starting strikers.

When any two of Hooper Fletcher and Rhodes started in tandem they have 15 goals from 19 games. (Hooper 10 Fletcher 2 Rhodes 3)

In the 10 games with other starting partnerships (or one up top on Tuesday) our strikers have scored TWO goals, and they were in one game, at Forest, where Lucas and Rhodes both scored.

Get well soon Fletcher and/or Hooper.

2 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

Big thing for me is Fessi started 1 game, Abdi 1 game, Hutch 5 games, Lee 5 games. Really does bring home how poor the medical team really are/were.

Perhaps our medical team should do a job swap with our recruitment team

38 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

Big thing for me is Fessi started 1 game, Abdi 1 game, Hutch 5 games, Lee 5 games. Really does bring home how poor the medical team really are/were.

If they are injured they are injured.

Presumably you know they have been treated incorrectly by the medical team.

10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

If they are injured they are injured.

Presumably you know they have been treated incorrectly by the medical team.

Yes is the answer to that, its widely known that Hutch had broken a bone in his leg when it was diagnosed as a strain. Did you not know?

Edited by King_Monkey
added comment

6 minutes ago, King_Monkey said:

Yes is the answer to that, its widely known that Hutch had broken a bone in his leg when it was diagnosed as a strain. Did you not know?

No , and that is only Hutch .

What about the others?

Carlos got slated on here for replacing the medical team. 

So have both sets been crap?

It was obvious that Lee came back too soon, I doubt that was the fault of the medical team.

I am not disagreeing with you on the quality of medical treatment at the Club , It is obviously not right.

However we seem to have a lot of injury prone players who were either that way when we signed them or made that way by being played when injured.

We have not helped ourselves either. No way should Hutch and Loovens been given new contracts 

14 minutes ago, billyblack said:

unlike rhodes who never gets injured and never scores either

Ideally we wouldn’t have any of the 3 as our main strikers, especially for the money they are on.

A 20 goal a season striker becomes a 10 goal a season striker if he only plays half the games 

Edited by oldishowl

25 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

No , and that is only Hutch .

What about the others?

Carlos got slated on here for replacing the medical team. 

So have both sets been crap?

It was obvious that Lee came back too soon, I doubt that was the fault of the medical team.

I am not disagreeing with you on the quality of medical treatment at the Club , It is obviously not right.

However we seem to have a lot of injury prone players who were either that way when we signed them or made that way by being played when injured.

We have not helped ourselves either. No way should Hutch and Loovens been given new contracts 

Lots of stories re Carlos and his medical team(s) and i suppose we will never know the full truth, however players being rushed back is obviously never going to help and its quite refreshing to listen to Jos say that BB has had a small set back and that he wont be rushed back and patience is needed, who knows Carlos might not have been as lucky to be afforded that time and only now that promotion is not really achievable is DC allowing Jos the chance to get people right for next season.

Its my understanding that Loovens is retiring and returning to Holland at the end of the season, Hutch i am unsure how long left on his contract and id look to pay up Abdi.

Edited by King_Monkey

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Screenshot 2018-02-01 20.55.44.png

My gratitude to @Ballmeist for the above table he posted elsewhere. Good old fashioned programme team lists. Great stuff.

Something very scary. Look at the goals from our starting strikers.

When any two of Hooper Fletcher and Rhodes started in tandem they have 15 goals from 19 games. (Hooper 10 Fletcher 2 Rhodes 3)

In the 10 games with other starting partnerships (or one up top on Tuesday) our strikers have scored TWO goals, and they were in one game, at Forest, where Lucas and Rhodes both scored.

Get well soon Fletcher and/or Hooper.

That result table looks scary. Its easily relegation form all the way through and still the odd one believes we may get top 6. My god.

3 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Trouble with Hooper and Fletcher is obvious, they don’t play enough games.

They are injury prone and can’t get you promoted sat in the treatment room

We handled them very badly this season. We played Hooper-Fletcher far too often and far too long in matches. It was ostrich management, as it was purely a matter of time before one (or both as it transpired) broke down.

The trio of Hooper-Rhodes-Fletcher should have had roughly equal time, and perhaps with Joao and Nuhiu taking some minutes and halves off them.  Fletcher was walking wounded, yet played match after match. Hooper played nearly every minute of every game....who could foresee what was likely to occur? 

I expect Jos will be more intelligent.