MALTA OWLS : Let's kit out the Sheffield Wednesday bar in Malta!

Went to Malta in 1981 and loved the place, the Maltese people have great Hospitality. Stayed at Ramla Bay near where you catch the ferry to Gozo. Loved the scenic bays of St Paul’s and St Julian’s and Valletta, what can I say, that U-shaped road with the high buildings on each side and steps up the pavement is amazing

8 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

The Palace Hotel in Sliema is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in...and the only hotel apart from the Bellagio that my missus returns to regularly

Not seen that one - will check it out as going back soon and didnt' stay in Silema but it looked great

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s genuinely the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen

First visited in 2014, we stay in Mellieha, love the place, the history and the beauty we've been back a couple of times a year ever since, going out 3 times this year possible 4 .

I think Malta is a bit like Marmite - you either love it or hate it.

Personally I think it's an horrible place - but then we had a terrible time on our 1 and only visit.

We stayed in Sliema - which I thought resembled Darnall - and the weather was atrocious from start to finish.

We stayed the 1st week of June, a good few years ago - it never stopped raining, the wind actually smashed the window of our hotel, the swimming pool (situated on the beachfront) was closed, mainly because the sea was on it, in fact the sea was also in the hotel - we had to go to M&S to buy winter clothes - we enquired about flights home, but there wasn't any availability until the day before we were due to go back anyway....

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Personally I think it's an horrible place - but then we had a terrible time on our 1 and only visit.

We stayed in Sliema - which I thought resembled Darnall - and the weather was atrocious from start to finish.

We stayed the 1st week of June, a good few years ago - it never stopped raining, the wind actually smashed the window of our hotel, the swimming pool (situated on the beachfront) was closed, mainly because the sea was on it, in fact the sea was also in the hotel - we had to go to M&S to buy winter clothes - we enquired about flights home, but there wasn't any availability until the day before we were due to go back anyway....

Give it another go mate

Try Valletta 

It's brilliant

Did you go out around the Island?

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Know exactly what you mean, there's a lot nicer places to stay than Sliema though, don't think the weather helped your poor experience of the island, there's loads being improved year on year thanks to the massive European grants they are given in comparison to the relatively small contributions they make.

9 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Yeah, we went to Valletta, Mdina and Buggibba - they all pretty much looked the same in the rain!

Fair point

lol

I absolutely love it though and bet it's changed loads since you went

City Of Culture 2018 this year too and it's looking amazing

Owlstalk Shop