Remember the South Stand when it looked like this?

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:45, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday South Stand.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday South Stand

What a glorious beauty she is here.

No adverts splattered all over it, no exec boxes or any of that nonsense. Just a beauty of a stand

Surely all football fans would prefer grounds to be like this?

Photo shopped South Stand never looked like that !

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:45, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday South Stand.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday South Stand

What a glorious beauty she is here.

No adverts splattered all over it, no exec boxes or any of that nonsense. Just a beauty of a stand

Surely all football fans would prefer grounds to be like this?

Last game of 57/58 season. 25+ attendance won  2-1 Derek Wilkinson and Roy Shiner were our scorers. I was there one of my earliest games, I still hadn't got a full season under my belt (Snake belt BTW) at that point. My Scarf and Balaclava looked well though.

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

I read a book on harry catterick a while back and the board said they needed to sell quixall to raise some money if catterick needed players , out of the 45k they got for him they let him have 6 k to sign bobby craig .....it's no wonder harry didn't stick around when the everton job came up . 

Yes...I think he wanted Joe Baker at Torino and the current England centre forward along with Bobby Smith but Taylor wouldn't go and buy him. Allegedly lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yes...I think he wanted Joe Baker at Torino and the current England centre forward along with Bobby Smith but Taylor wouldn't go and buy him. Allegedly lol 

there all dead but the north is still standing so I guess we did ok in the long run .....you have to wonder though how things would have turned out if the board had backed catterick or Wilkinson for that matter .......cant be too many clubs who have let managers  resign and within 2-3 years they have both won the league title .

13 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

This is what I was always told by my Dad.

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

This is what I was always told by my Dad.

think was playing for hibs when catterick wanted him and torino stepped in after hibs turned down our paltry offer ...in the book I read catterick said we'd have won the league if he'd been allowed to sign him but the tight fisted board decided they'd rather have the  20k  we came up short in the bank ...

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

think was playing for hibs when catterick wanted him and torino stepped in after hibs turned down our paltry offer ...in the book I read catterick said we'd have won the league if he'd been allowed to sign him but the tight fisted board decided they'd rather have the  20k  we came up short in the bank ...

Yes that's right. he wasn't in Torino very long and Arsenal brought him back home. I remember him playing for them around 64/5