Remember the South Stand when it looked like this?

I Had a ST on the South all through the 80,s - then moved to the KOP until about 6 years ago and now sit on the North. The stand used to shake to We will rock You.

I remember being jealous of folk on the Kop when I sat on the South, but was allowed to stand on the Kop from 1990 onwards (I was 14 then). Hated it when they put the seats on.

Happy now trumping away on the North.

Not with the lower tier as terracing but yep a fine stand. 

Good job some of us didn't get confused in 1980 and go in the top tier not lower when we were preparing the pitch invasion at the last match to celebrate promotion

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday South Stand.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday South Stand

What a glorious beauty she is here.

No adverts splattered all over it, no exec boxes or any of that nonsense. Just a beauty of a stand

Surely all football fans would prefer grounds to be like this?

The white picket fence to keep the thugs off the pitch - different times.

Football in this country needs to take a look at itself and decide if we continue down the path we are on, where it is all about money and greed or it becomes again a game for the people about passion and pride.

We can but hope.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No adverts splattered all over it, no exec boxes or any of that nonsense. Just a beauty of a stand

Well I would, what a wonderful site to behold,  just fills me with nostalgia all my childhood memories are flooding back.

Thanks for that.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

That is how I remember it as a youngster. Billy Griffin v Ron Flowers ? Owls v Wolves

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Used to stand just above the away team dug out by the tunnel on the uncovered terrace with my Dad.

No.... I wouldn't want to be standing in the rain and snow in the middle of Winter again thanks very much.

11 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

That is how I remember it as a youngster. Billy Griffin v Ron Flowers ? Owls v Wolves

Agree with Ron Flowers but raise you Albert Quixall  :rolleyes:

Edit:sad:

Damn these old index fingers slowing me down

Edited by Tarquin
Too late
  • Haha 1

Before my time that photo. In the fifties I would say, looks like it could be Albert Quixall and Flowers of Wolves. First match I went to we sat at back of South, remember it was always warmer than other stands due to wooden floor. Seated terrace in front of South when I were a nipper, always freezing cold...but excellent for lobbing seat cushions at players!! These concrete floors in newer stands mean you have to stand up to keep stamping your feet for warmth. No TV platform on that picture...must have been really ‘parky’ up there doing the commentary.:wacko: